Upgrade To The GPZ7000 Or Not?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 5000 and Iam looking to get the 6000. For a number of reasons but mainly weight I am not even considering the 7000.

I hope my faith in minelab making another great machine is justified. But I really don't have a choice as I really need lighter not heavier due to shoulder problems.

I will hopefully post good news stories with the 6000! :playful:
Cheers.

After initial setup problems with the 7000 on WA Goldfields with help from Dave D, am rapt.
The weight isn't a problem with using the cross brace to distribute load and the bungee adjusted so the coil hovers just above ground when NOT gripping the handle. Usually swing for two 3 hour sessions/day comfortably.
Along with the collection on recent trip, managed a 0.07g, nothing escapes this machine. ?

Dude ! Hire one first .they are noisey and heavy and not for everybody! But the only detector I have seen hit the magic metre!

DukesGold said:
For those who have used the 4500/5000 and a 7000 --- I understand the 7000 is better at picking up tiny gold than the gpx's, but is there a size cut off where you would say the gpx is on par? eg. 2g and above?

The comment when people are just saying the 7000 finds way more gold - hard to justify over double the price if it's only advantage is tiny gold?...

The way i view it, its better to buy the one that finds all the gold than the one which finds some of the gold :)

Latest posts