Gold Monster Problem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
balenim1000 said:
I had the small one fail after about 6 months. It was replaced under warranty.
When it failed did it just give a single tone beep like mine is doing?

It was sounding off constantly, when ever the machine was moved. The replacement coil has worked perfectly for years now.

balenim1000 said:
It was sounding off constantly, when ever the machine was moved. The replacement coil has worked perfectly for years now.
$180 for a new coil and hope that's the problem.
Think I might just wait until later this year when I head to Vic and stop in at a miners den and test it before throwing any money at it.
At this point I think the monster performs excellent but it's a silly Solly works once tool!

Took the monster to a detector den today, plugged in a brand new coil to test the headset and got the same single beep only from the audio.
Plugged that new coil back into a brand new monster just to confirm where the problem is!

The advice no-one gave me...

It sounds like you have switched search modes by accidentally pressing the ground balance button once before you held it down to ground balance and you haven't noticed the search mode symbol change on the screen.

1637661057_20211123_204940.jpg

I cannot believe this was the issue, I feel like a total fool but relieved at the same time (there is no suitable smiley for this expression)

Ffs..

RM Outback said:
Good info :Y: :beer:
On top of that, i sent my old monster back to minelab this morning.
Then went and bought the new one so I have a backup machine.
To think, I have made big decisions as a result of not being able to detect. And every one of those decisions has led me here.
Now I have 2 monsters, I live in the triangle and I start a new job that I've allways wanted with a good company on Thursday.
No labour hire company bull5hit or dodgy Gumtree ad with 30 yr old breaking down machines this time.
they are going to train me to dig with GPS and rock breaking.

Funny how things work out when you put gold first.

Bring it on...

Best of luck with the new job mate :Y: and the monsters. Had 1 for a while just bugger all time to use it, one day :lol: this info is great :beer:

Latest posts