New Fisher Impulse AQ Beach Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see there's an early adopter in Australia. Are you planning to submerge it fully, or will you just use it on the wet sand?

Mainly wet sand.

1624923763_aq_on_beach_400.jpg

AQ is doing fine on our beaches.
Me better half saw the chain bracelet, put it on her wrist and said with a big smile. :inlove:
It's a "Swarovski" bracelet.
Picture from video.

1626490856_aq_bracelet_600.jpg

Nice. I had the original Fisher Impulse and was digging lots of deep holes in the sand. It seemed to love old sparklers. Battery life was days and days with it. It didn't have a GB which made it a nightmare on the goldfields but deadly on the beach. Oh and totally waterproof down to stupid depths. Easily go Scuba diving with it but a fair bit of weight.

Looks like the AQ has a lot more settings than the Impulse. It only had volume and gain and a LCD bar display

The depth and coverage when using the 12" coil is way to much on some beaches, so I searched for and obtained an 8" coil which incl. a lower shaft; for those beaches.

DHL made the delivery, 6 days USA to me in TNQ Australia.

Attached the new coil and took it for a test.

I'm going to miss the coverage of the 12" coil but pinpointing with the 8" coil has definitely improved on all targets.

The sound difference between our $ coins and cupronickel cents have also improved as well as some other metals and shapes.

It's a winner. :Y: :party: :inlove:

:beer:

1644020840_aq_8in_coil.jpg

Fisher Impulse AQ "Limited" and accessories was sold new in USA only, direct from Fisher First Texas; that is where I purchased mine. 👍

Impulse AQ "Limited" came with a 12.5" coil, which is a good size for coverage and most open beach detecting.

However the sensitivity and depth of this coil gave me a hard time with pinpointing and therefore some difficulty in retrieving some targets.
But I did use all metal and a somewhat high sensitivity setting.

Gold prospecting on land is way different to wet beach detecting where the hole fill in very rapidly.

Managed to obtain an 8" coil which have proved to be easier to pin-point with and still have excellent depth.
This coil also work very well in Tone Mode (disc) on beaches that is usually unfriendly to PI detecting.

Impulse AQ Limited is still a formidable PI beach detector. 👍🥰

A number of people in OZ tried to obtain one from Fisher First Texas but failed, because of that, sadly they turned against the AQ. 😢

I'm the only one that post anything from outings with an AQ, did invite and offer the use of mine to persons with interest in this detector, but there was no takers. 🤷‍♂️❓

Kellyco Metal Detectors USA, now have the AQ Limited for sale. ❗

Attachments

• Impulse AQ Beach outing_800.jpg
    Impulse AQ Beach outing_800.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts