Partner wanted for hi tech prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midas1 said:
Nothing positive to say I see Mike678. Clearly theres plenty out there talking crap about something they have no experience with.

Maybe heed your own advice in relation to the forum and the members. The way I see it you came in hot with a sales pitch and are looking to flatten any resistance.

Maybe a few manners might be in order, some members here have been discussing topics for anything up to 8 years or so, happily without a newbie.

If your conduct and attitude is the same outside the forum as youve shown inside it then best of luck to you bud, youll need it. Being on the "cutting edge" doesnt entitile you to ignore your surroundings, maybe a bit of humility and respect might go further to endearing you to your new audience.

Thanks mate. So much tech out there that is only coming in use now. Funny how the old timers use to sample from ant and termite nests , or even burn the eucalyptus leaves as they have always been known to contain trace of enriched areas. This is a 100yr old plus practice. How many people still use just those simple practices.

Midas1 said:
There is never any need for flying any higher than 120metres. Good question though.

I was referring to night flight.
The permit application fee and conditions to get approved are daunting.
Just wondering what your process was and how you offset the fee's, when prospecting is generally not income producing for small time operators.

You need your gear to recognise the signatures of trees known for growing with gold (can't tell you which ones they are) they might look like big arrows and 's for you on your mapping tech as well. There's something free for ya ! (not everyday ya get given something for free) :p

Midas1 said:
Satellite is the most effective method for finding deposits as any large setup well knows. Thats what geologist do.

what a load of rubbish, what if the resource is below the surface which lets face it, majority of gold is?

I've worked beside geo's, palaeontologist and some pretty smart engineers in my time and to think they were all wrong when all they had to do was go use some satellites, wow.. makes a mockery of exploration budgets!

Mate how you can say gold deposits ( below ground ) cant be found you satellite is so uninformed is laughable. When were these works undertaken that your talking of. Along time ago obviously. Best you even take the smallest effort and search his information. Im dealing daily with data yet you say it rubbish. I just wish you would do your homework on this centurys tech instead of bagging those having a crack at it. Thanks for your input

Mate how you can say gold deposits ( below ground ) cant be found you satellite is so uninformed and quite laughable. When were these works undertaken that your talking of. Along time ago obviously. Best you even take the smallest effort and search his information. Im dealing daily with data yet you say it rubbish. I just wish you would do your homework on this centurys tech instead of bagging those having a crack at it. Thanks for your input

Can you explain in laymans terms how the satellite imagery and the drone imagery differ. I have read about ground penetrating radar, magnetometers and very high resolution satellite imagery being used at Stonehenge.
My assumption is that the satellite imagery/drone imagery just gives the lay of the land so to speak, this then needs to be interpreted in combination with other technologies to shorten the odds of finding whatever it is you seek.

Infrared, near infrared, spectral, thermal-infrared, short-wave technology blah blah blah - I'm well aware of whats out there

Like I said earlier, unless you have offset mine data all the satellite data is nearly irrelevant and worthless, so here's why I said you've a lot of work to do.. ground work, feet on the ground.

Like any new technology, the people selling it rant, rave and swear by it, thats fine and they're probably right, but all to often they're not comprehensive or telling the big picture. I'm simply highlighting what you also need for it to be successful in any capacity.

ANY data is totally useless unless you have offset data or benchmarks, thats the first thing they teach you in data acquisition / interpretation.

If your working daily with this technology then surely your aware of what offset data is, then again maybe your not privileged to this info where you work which would be unfortunate for you because its a necessity.

Question's:
Why do they drill and cut many cores for just one mine site?
Why dont they can coring and just go off satellite data?
If offset data isn't required, how do you interpret the satellite data?
After you have all that satellite data, whats the next step in the mining process to pinpoint exactly where the gold or resource is??

Hey BigL, you're raising good points, but Midas1 isn't looking for ore deposits mate - he's chasing unicorns! :goldnugget:
1624327384_midas1_sunbakers.jpg

Latest posts