Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonacini said:
Had anyone got info on how many units are being distributed to dealers, and the numbers they are receiving, Im in vic and been on a list paid up for 6 weeks now, getting a bit antsy keen to get out in the field.

Where are you buying from?

I am fully paid up for my unit & delivery date is still unknown. They are hoping in the next 2-4 weeks

fwdoz said:
Bonacini said:
Had anyone got info on how many units are being distributed to dealers, and the numbers they are receiving, Im in vic and been on a list paid up for 6 weeks now, getting a bit antsy keen to get out in the field.

Where are you buying from?

I am fully paid up for my unit & delivery date is still unknown. They are hoping in the next 2-4 weeks

Fully paid up and no machine :argh: I hope for your sake they don't go belly up 8.( Seriously for the coins they want laid down there's no way I'd pay full odds without the item in my claw.

No doubt their a good bit of kit but so is the coin in your pocket.

RM Outback said:
Fully paid up and no machine :argh: I hope for your sake they don't go belly up 8.( Seriously for the coins they want laid down there's no way I'd pay full odds without the item in my claw.

No doubt their a good bit of kit but so is the coin in your pocket.

Never paid up front for a car, furniture or kitchen appliances before?

Not bothered in the slightest, reputable long term dealer.

Pretty sure most dealers aren't even asking for deposits or none I've seen asking for people to pay up in full up front.
Most seem to be doing it voluntarily. I know I did - paid my deposit to secure my place in line & also to show I wasn't kicking tyres (dealer likely knew I wasn't anyway).

mbasko said:
paid my deposit to secure my place in line & also to show I wasn't kicking tyres (dealer likely knew I wasn't anyway).
Same same.
Unfortunately a lot of blokes put their names in the list of multiple dealers, just clogging up the system.

mbasko said:
Pretty sure most dealers aren't even asking for deposits or none I've seen asking for people to pay up in full up front.
Most seem to be doing it voluntarily. I know I did - paid my deposit to secure my place in line & also to show I wasn't kicking tyres (dealer likely knew I wasn't anyway).

I did the same. Have dealt with the same dealer numerous times & was happy to do so.

Yeah same was not required but was making sure I was on the list as serious, just seems there is a huge shortage compared to people on lists of the gpx, will come just gotta wait, not something we are use to these days hahaha waiting

Hi Folks,

Just finished a quick trip out in the bush with the 6. Connected the SP01 to the detector via Bluetooth. Initial thoughts about the setup are quite good. Pleased to be able to use either good quality headphones or shoulder mounted speakers. Enjoyed the extra control over the audio that this setup provides. Hopefully this system will tick quite a few boxes. More play time is required before I can comment any further. Uploaded a YouTube clip about ten minutes ago and posted the link.

Cheers

Les

Bonacini said:
Yeah same was not required but was making sure I was on the list as serious, just seems there is a huge shortage compared to people on lists of the gpx, will come just gotta wait, not something we are use to these days hahaha waiting
Ha ha, if you were African or Middle Eastern you would have got as many as you wanted, with spare batteries and 17" coil thrown in! Seems like minelab have completely forgotten their roots and don't give two hoots about the people who bought their earlier detectors and grew the company into what it is today :awful:

Dave79 said:
Bonacini said:
Ha ha, if you were African or Middle Eastern you would have got as many as you wanted, with spare batteries and 17" coil thrown in! Seems like minelab have completely forgotten their roots and don't give two hoots about the people who bought their earlier detectors and grew the company into what it is today :awful:
Mate, Codan sells to increase their shareholder values. It's all about where the demand is. I believe its not even in the USA yet.
There is a massive global deficit of computer chips which is massively impacting their production and sales.

Guess I'll have to become a shareholder then, cos I'll certainly never be a customer again.

Nope, plenty of great finds showing up with 'old outdated technology ' that is cheaper than ever. Might still be minelab, but I'll buy it second hand. eg.
1624186134_rps20210620_204625.jpg

Dave79 said:
Bonacini said:

Do you really think ML looks after the Africans? I went to buy one from South Africa purely to get the 17" coil ( already have a 6000 purchased in Australia) the price when converted from rand was app AUD $ 15,000. Google ML African dealers if you don't believe.
Great little nugget finder with both 11 and 14 but still the 4500 still finds more in weight so far on all our trips.

Latest posts