Partner wanted for hi tech prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all , great site and would appreciate only positive input with this please. Im looking for someone to come in with me on an on going mineral location method. I have recently had an opportunity to prospect on some very rich areas out from Gympie, this areas have been off limits for along time , I am using new drone tech to grid and geo map area before Lidar and hyperspectral etc is applied. I have an on site office that is mobile with most equipment, ready to get going in the next fortnight. I have an elderly partner that has huge experience in mining that is advising where necessary. I have constant development of new tech drone mounted etc. this is an opportunity for someone driven only. Thanks

Hey a what's the a In price for it bluey... and what sort a bang for me buck would I see. Is coming in and elderly partner making it a trio, and is being driven enough or do I need to bring more to the party ?

silver said:
Hey a what's the a In price for it bluey... and what sort a bang for me buck would I see. Is coming in and elderly partner making it a trio, and is being driven enough or do I need to bring more to the party ?

Not into new age tech methods but I've got a bridge in Sydney up for sale if you're interested, great scrap metal value......

Teemore said:
silver said:

Not into new age tech methods but I've got a bridge in Sydney up for sale if you're interested, great scrap metal value......
I believe that said bridge as been sold .Many times

lordo.1 said:
Teemore said:
silver said:

I believe that said bridge as been sold .Many times

Not wrong .... but I bought it and open to offers (subject to hyperspectral and Lidar surveys .... WTF).

Could be a good lark... I'd like to see more photo's of the gear :D

Spectral & Lidar imaging technology isn't new but small + accurate units for drones is fairly new.
You could probably find some examples of both for different areas of Australia taken with large aircraft.
A drone would allow drilling down on specific areas.
If everything else is above board in regards to some type of business or partnership arrangement then it could be a good opportunity for someone interested in drones, new tech to get into a relatively new exploration method.
I'm interested in seeing & hearing more as/if it progresses.

Edit: Old discussion on Detector Prospector (prior to drone units):
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/8778-gold-prospecting-with-lidar/

GeoVic has magnetic data available (Vic only) though the resolution is low, there are numerous Lidar software packages available for drones.

I've used Lidar myself, its handy for really flat ground when its difficult to visualise levels

At the end of the day you still need to either loam or take cores

Hi mate. Actually we have found that there are other methods with drilling or sampling. Im having great test results using thermal (flir) and hyperspectral etc. all mineral resources companys are now using this , multispectral and other methods that trace elements. I understand these were only military applications previous. No so now. Thanks mate

Mining companies have endless reserves of cash and plenty of feet on the ground yet the final stage of any exploration undertaken is to cut cores, even after spending huge amounts on logging technology. So where or when does the logging technology really come into play... "only" and I'll stress ONLY after you've amassed a vast collection of logging info for offset sites that have undergone mining and you've proven the ground - this information even today is filled with a lot of IFs but it is the mining companies bread and butter that they hold real close to their chests. And I didn't mention the data interpretation side of things either

You've got your work cut out, I tell you

Good Luck

Nothing positive to say I see Mike678. Clearly theres plenty out there talking crap about something they have no experience with. Yes there are a multitude of PROVEN methods out there. And yes they hold them close as am I. Always makes us laugh , when instead of learning people jump on the band wagon of doubt. Anyone with any intellect will well know that there are ex military and some civilian methods that often not make there way into the population for our use. Wouldnt it be nice to hear from people with decent input instead od crap about how we must stick to 1890s method. Come on guys its 2020 there are so much unseen tech

All drone use in this set up is done at night as no relevant thermal signatures appear in the days heat. Thermal is only a small part of the testing we have been doing. Im trying my ass off to bring as many methods to the table that can effectively find sunbakers ie large nuggets. I completely understand the format of drilling, and testing. This is not that. Satellite is the most effective method for finding deposits as any large setup well knows. Thats what geologist do.

Midas1 how do you offset CASA night flight permit costs in exploration?
From memory it was $800 odd for each application and the paperwork was a chore?
I suppose if you have it done well in your ReOC Manual then you can keep using the same instruction???

Very interesting.

Latest posts