NSW/QLD highbanker solution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks OK for those that are restricted with equipment they're allowed to use ......
As a recirculating unit great for some BYO water situations, a few 10 or 20 litre containers and can high bank almost anywhere.

brilliant concept and beautifully constructed..lets see P.E.R.E. Pick nits over it Try and stop this one from being used...I don't think they could. It appears to me to tick all the boxes in terms of it's manual operation and more importantly it's Environmental impact during use...no poor little Galaxias or Marine life to effect here... WINNER!...IMHO... :Y:

Before I can make comment one way or the other, I must first see the above device in operation out in the field or in other words been worked. A video would be good, just my views cheers

This should be OK in Qld as a 'hand operated' device is OK . Still, it is a 'mechanical' pump so some idiot bureaucrat could still find a problem.

Well done Gold Rat on the construction. :Y: :perfect:

Yobskin in Gympie built a hand operated rocker box years ago that had a bilge pump that operated the pump and moved the rocker...it is a great system.

Jemba said:
Before I can make comment one way or the other, I must first see the above device in operation out in the field or in other words been worked. A video would be good, just my views cheers
Yes seeing some dirt go thru would be good.
No doubt that will come. Dustin's a smart operator. :Y:

Yeah, I would like to see it in action too. I'm trying to picture operating the foot pedal while getting feed into it with a shovel. Maybe a bunch of buckets lined up would work OK?

Seems like you would have stop pumping then add feed, then start pumping again. Dustin mentioned surge is not so much of a problem with the two pumps, but I didn't think you were supposed to stop and start the water flow.

Maybe stop/start is not a problem with dream mat?

I've only used sluice and pans, so I'm really interested to see.

brendomac said:
Yeah, I would like to see it in action too. I'm trying to picture operating the foot pedal while getting feed into it with a shovel. Maybe a bunch of buckets lined up would work OK?

Seems like you would have stop pumping then add feed, then start pumping again. Dustin mentioned surge is not so much of a problem with the two pumps, but I didn't think you were supposed to stop and start the water flow.

Maybe stop/start is not a problem with dream mat?

I've only used sluice and pans, so I'm really interested to see.
My thoughts are it would either require some prep work i.e. buckets or pre dug pay ready to go or you would need at least 2 x people to dig/feed + pump the water.
Be interested in seeing it done with both 1 person or multiple people to see how it goes.
Either way it's good to see that solutions for NSW/QLD/TAS etc. are being thought about & worked on :Y:

The rocker used by Yobskin (Gympie Qld) had one hand operated bilge pump which also moved the rocker at the same time it pumped into a spray bar over the sieve.

It had a sieve in the top of the cradle and he would stop throw some dirt in the sieve and start pumping/rocking.

Didn't seem to be an issue stopping and starting. He got some nice gold from fines to pickers.

Images I've seen of the old timers had them pouring water into the rocker cradle using a scoop...suggesting they would have to stop and start the water flow.

Maybe Dustin can address this issue of stop start water flow.

I think you will find that in the pumping mechanism is that the inlet and the bypass pipes are fitted with non-return valves..so there would not really ..I believe...be anything detrimental to the f;ow of water...pump and it squirts don't pump and it stops...if that makes sense :lol: :p :cool:

Valves in both the pumps stop any water reversing backwards.

I built a rocker box with 2 of them.
In prototype at the moment.

No more details, sorry. :|

Prototype,
Too rough.
I built it too prove a few points.
Going to build it much better as I worked out from
it where it was wrong.

Much more efficient design and a lot more portable.

Things like leverage, pump stroke, angles etc.

You can use it all day without ending up with tired arms.

As for recovery, Bloody brilliant.

I have even worked out a better spray bar assy, and a mechanism to rotate the
sieve assembly while you rock it.