Happy Valley Gold Hit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be interesting to see if the tenement gets sold on to a mining company prepared to roll the dice in victoria's regulatory minefield,

Be a bit wary when discussion is all about grade - you need tonnes of ore as well, and ultimately the ounces in it. A lot of Victorian gold is coarse (we talk about it having a "nugget" effect), so if your drillhole goes through a coarse gold patch (remembering drillcore is only a few cm in diameter) you will get a fantastic assay. I have seen reefs where one drillhole got ounces per tonne, one that went through the same reef 5 m from the first drillhole got zero. It is the mean (average) grade of the ore and tonnes ot ore that determine if you can mine it.

But good luck to them.....

Still one of the best hits Ive heard of in this neck of the woods. But yes I know what you mean about Tonnes of ore. Ive been scratching around an old line of reef that had some notable crushings Including 1ton that went 90ounces. Theres a lot of quartz lying around at the old dumps but I cant produce a colour from it. Ive only found one specimen that I picked up quite a way from the workings that when dollied had fine and course gold in it. I assume it fell of a sled or barrow being taken down the hill to the crusher.

Latest posts