Coin Hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After coin hunting a while you can come across coins that should not be in the roll.
These are a few that have been in $1 Prosegur rolls from the bank.
1622968701_img20210606180001_small.jpg
1622968744_img20210606180118_small.jpg

It is annoying but surprising and interesting at the same time. :eek:
The worst is finding a 5cent piece in a $2 roll ,which happens quite often, ripped off :mad:
The bank will refund you if you complain about it, finding a purple Queens Coronation coin makes it all worth while though.

Unless I actually want any anomalous coins I usually feed them back to the bank. I tend to keep NZ 5c & 20c for reasoning unknown to me... and those 5c size foreign coins with the hibiscus flower on the one side (I just like the look of them).
But with foreign coins you never know their origin, the may come from an immigrants coin collection that came out with them and who knows what you could find... even discontinued coins... or errors( I have some NZ 5c rotation errors and a die crack somewhere too... all found in circulation here).
But world coins are only good if you have an interest in them or they follow along with one of your coin collecting themes I recon. :Y:
well found though... and a collection all by itself there. :money:

Eldorado said:
Whats the go with the rudie coin 2nd row 3 across? :8
Cant answer for him but do know there were brothel tokens way back. Miight be one of those.

Didn't have a good hunt last night. Out of 10 rolls of $2 only found one coloured. Might have to try another bank. Only notable finds were
1 x 2016 changeover
1 x 2012 non-coloured poppy
1 x2018 coloured eternal flame

The great thing being it only cost you $6 for the hunt, and if you are only after one full set of $2 coin types you can always swap these three out for better looking ones as the hunt goes on.... until eventually you have a full set of the best looking coins you could find.

I found a brand new 2021 $2 coin in my change the other day.... beautiful coin in every way eccept for a little 1&1/2mm slight scratch out in the right field in front of the queens chin, threw it straight back into the circulation pile in the car door.... I'm starting to spoil myself nowadays with a little tight strictness on acceptability(except for the harder to find and errors.... I'll hang on to them still on the off chance).

I found that I was at times too quick to relagate a coin to a 22 before giving myself the best chances of besting it. (Takes a while to get there, with some modes of thought being hampered somewhat by enthusiasm lol)

Can't wait to see how it pans out for ya now topenda.... could be a nice thing to just hang onto those two rolls how they are even.... hunt em in 2040 for fun.... be harder and harder to find rolls with enders like that in the future.

Could not wait, reckon my time will be up before 2040, Hard life.
I thought the changeover was sweet , no surprise as on top.
But......... in the same roll was this 2007 $1, only 37,100 of them and only come in PNC's. :D
Only half way through the 5 cent rolls but scored many more changeovers, nothing in the 50 cent though.
1624612105_img20210625182807_small.jpg

I think you might be a little out in your mintage figures for the 2007 MOB $1 coin they were included in the Uncirculated Mint Sets as well and the true figure is 107,870
nice find anyway.

Thanks deepblue, only a little out.... had a quick look at Renniks and got that figure.
Forgot about the Unc Mint sets :Y:

Going into a 48 hour time out up here so a visit to 2 banks to raid the coin roll dispenser was in order.
1624772832_img20210627150544_small.jpg

In between beer drinking and gardening these will keep me occupied for a while.
Pretty lucky to get a few more Changeover coins on top too. :D :sunny:
1624773075_img20210627150620_small.jpg

Last lockdown anyone with a job was classified as an 'essential worker' , not sure about who classifies this time round ?
Secure NT website does not clarify yet, will watch the news tonight for more info.

Persistence pays.... number 2 .
Second one i have found, have been trying very hard .
They do come in pairs Silver.
Over the moon :D :D :D :beer:
1630206556_img20210829121347_small.jpg

Let out a bit of a woo hoo :)
Even keener now to find another, chances are slim though.

Well if you find another Topenda, I'm willing to do a trade with you for ya worst example... I'm sure I'd be able to throw together a good lot of learning samples for errors for ya. Nothing like looking for what you've held in your hands. Regst mail of course. :D

Very happy to do a trade with ya Silver if i find another and i knew what 'learning samples for errors 'was?
I must send a big THANK YOU to all that have put this coin back into circulation for me . :playful: :money:
Most people are unaware of the value of some coins that passes through their hands it seems.
One in five people collect coins so the CEO of the RAM ,Leigh Gordon stated on radio the other day.

Cheers mate, good luck on the hunt then :perfect:
hope you find a dozen :D

Latest posts