Couple recent finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1622977496_img_20210606_174036_203.jpg

Bucket lister unfortunately I broke the head off in my pouch (I know!!! Don't even!)
Still wrapped :Y:

Nothing to show, just wanted to share a little something..
I've just had a call from a bloke who's on the committee at Kilmore golf club (where I've found ALL my finds from the last 4 months) He's a lovely old man whos let me do his massive yard a few times next door to course, apparently he's had some complaints about me detecting and I've agreed to stop 8.( so my newly discovered patch will remain in the ground forever..a shame really. But he's been telling the local Rotary club about my finds and they want me to come and do a slideshow of my finds from there, should be interesting :Y: Could give me a chance of obtaining a permission or two hopefully,(it's the only reason I agreed :lol: ) but what a bummer about not being allowed anymore.. it just doesn't feel right leaving all those potential (probable) 1800s relics and coins in ground forever I'm sad now :awful:
These pics should slow down dramatically now but I'll hit the researching again I have had it easy the last few months, I've actually been spoiled tbh.
Anyways, I'll give this blokes yard another going over on the weekend (I've found awesome relics/tokens there) but I'll drop the discrimination down to 10 and hopefully pick up on a few more goodies ok cheers for letting me blah on yous :fistpump:

One door closes, but more may open up to you if play your cards right and show them that youre looking to further their knowledge in their local history.
A similar thing happened to me at my favourite site, which unbeknown to me was part of a adjoining National Trust property.
One day the archeologist who curates for the trust saw me detecting and was curious to know what I had found as he was looking to locate where some long gone outbuildings were located.... long story short, no more detecting without consent. I agreed and donated all my finds from this spot to him and he was most appreciative, so much so that I may get an invite to a future archeological dig at this site to assist with my detector.... funny how things happen. :beer:

Mackka said:
Thats a real shame mate. I have seen a few golf courses and the lack of divot replacement is horrendous. I wonder what their reasoning was apart from them having a new bunker overnight.
Mackka
Mate everytime I put a plug back/refill a hole, the ground looks the same, if not better than I found it, it's just some men and women don't feel complete until they've complained to someone about something..the state of the ground at this course is pretty bad too, from the corellas! I can't believe the damage they do!!
I understand tho, I was a golfer and to see a bloke with a shovel (small) may appear a bit weird on a golf course, but I was sticking to the rough (mostly ;) ) going nowhere near greens, made a lot of new elderly friends who were walking through with their dogs etc, curious about what I was finding. 95% of people I came across were fantastic! I chatted to grounds keepers often and they had no problem with me, actually wished me luck! But old mate who heads the committee has had some complaints, and I certainly don't want to put him in any bad books, so I have no problem in staying away to please everyone. Like I said it IS a shame coz there's A lot of amazing relics and coins under that surface, that will never see the light of day again now. Whatever their reasoning was, I'm happy to keep the peace.

OzzieAu said:
One door closes, but more may open up to you if play your cards right and show them that youre looking to further their knowledge in their local history.
A similar thing happened to me at my favourite site, which unbeknown to me was part of a adjoining National Trust property.
One day the archeologist who curates for the trust saw me detecting and was curious to know what I had found as he was looking to locate where some long gone outbuildings were located.... long story short, no more detecting without consent. I agreed and donated all my finds from this spot to him and he was most appreciative, so much so that I may get an invite to a future archeological dig at this site to assist with my detector.... funny how things happen. :beer:
Exactly. This is how doors open, and I'd be happy to donate some finds, also unhappy about losing some bucket Listers, but thems the breaks I guess..cheers :Y:

OzzieAu said:
I did keep my snake buckle.. ! ;)
They don't need to know EVERYTHING we find now do they?
I searched so hard for that sov at this course and I'm sure it would have come eventually, but I'll never know now..I'm gonna cut diagonals in his yard this time (which is about 100m X 50m) this wknd, and it being so wet might make something ping a bit more this time round . Got the new premium shovel from Detect Ed, which is a lot bigger in the head, and sharper so should make diggin a little easier too. Fingers crossed

Just as long as your not drowning in tears it'll all be aok on the morrow.... just imagine the next hunter hot on your footsteps in 2103 and what they will find with the tech they're gunna get to be using then.... throw near on 80 years into the equation and those artifacts will be getting restored by some unknown device(to us) as they come out of the ground.... only after federal approval for the removal and only after the approved buyers consent (with all taxes taken just prior to transaction divied between government departments and with a small percentage of that pre paid into your personal health and superannuation funding account.)
Gunna be great hey ! 8.(

1623677213_img_20210614_223810_260.jpg
1623677232_img_20210614_223810_316.jpg
1623677251_img_20210614_231922_948.jpg

Found my oldest coin so far tonite..
Country Netherlands East Indies (Indonesia)
Type Standard circulation coin
Years 1741-1794
Value 1 Duit (1/80)
Currency Gulden (1726-1854)
Composition Copper
Weight 3 g
Diameter 22 mm
Shape Round
Orientation Medal alignment
Demonetized Yes
Number N# 6585
References KM# 111
Obverse
Crowned Utrecht arms with lion supporters.

Reverse
VOC monogram in middle, mint mark (star) at top, date below.

Lettering:
VOC

Translation: VOC (Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie) : United East India Company

Edge
Smooth

Comments
The star was the mint mark for West Friesland

Latest posts