Minelab SD2000 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adrian ss said:
AuMan said:
gef12 said:
ye what Ian and Mick said ..
nice to see you guys here again .. not been on for some time ..
hope all well ..

cheers
geoff
Hi Geoff,

All is well! It's starting to cool off a bit here so will hopefully get some more time out detecting now.
Bought a 2200 a while ago with the intention of being my guinea pig. It came with one of your Treasure Mate powered speakers which still works a treat.
Anyway took the detector out yesterday having done what I wanted to do with it and found a nice surfaced area near Tarnagulla that has had every man and his dog over it. It was well flogged! No shotgun pellets, didn't dig any rubbish. After about half hour I got a nice little signal and pulled up a whopping 0.02~0.03g speck of flypoop! I won't call it a nugget!https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2670/1614748558_0.03g.jpg

Hope you are well and still getting out to find a bit..

Cheers

So there is no need for me to buy a 7000 when a 2200 can find 0.02 g. :D :D

Or even a 6000 :perfect: :Y:

does anyone happen to have any instructions for these mods? i have the same machine but not sure what all the nobs do.

stevenj48 said:
does anyone happen to have any instructions for these mods? i have the same machine but not sure what all the nobs do.
Are they labeled?
Like this:
1623320887__20.jpg

kingswood said:
stevenj48 said:
Are they labeled?
Like this:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11203/1623320887__20.jpg

Yes they are labeled Barrie Johnson mods but the bottom sensitivity switch has 6 clicks but only 4 labeled trying to figure out and not sure when and how to use boost i cannot get this machine run quiet even when using the 11 stock dd coil
can anyone share what settings they use with what coil to give me a starting point?

after making my last post i went out and played with the Sd200O

I have figured all out thanks to the comments in the post except for the sensitivity settings mine has seven clicks only numbered 1-4 but all seven seem to make a difference to the machine and i believe one may turn the sensitivity off do other people only have 4 clicks?

this is what i come up with

Small Switch - Amp On/Off
Large Switch - Power On/Off
Tone - Tone
Boost - Volume Control
Threshold - Threshold Volume
Sensitivity
0 - Sensitivity off
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

i have seen a sd2000 for sale referencing the Barrie Johnson 6 frequency mod maybe this could be one even though it is only labelled to 4
1623670990_bbbb.jpg

stevenj48 said:
kingswood said:
stevenj48 said:
Are they labeled?
Like this:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11203/1623320887__20.jpg

Yes they are labeled Barrie Johnson mods but the bottom sensitivity switch has 6 clicks but only 4 labeled trying to figure out and not sure when and how to use boost i cannot get this machine run quiet even when using the 11 stock dd coil
can anyone share what settings they use with what coil to give me a starting point?
When I had mine I usually ran it with the original channel selector in the middle (so both original channels) with the mod selector on 2 or 3, running with a 14" NF mono. The boost was usually low as I ran it thru a Lucy Lark battery and used the boost on that.
Amp switch was on.

stevenj48 said:

I have figured all out thanks to the comments in the post except for the sensitivity settings mine has seven clicks only numbered 1-4 but all seven seem to make a difference to the machine and i believe one may turn the sensitivity off do other people only have 4 clicks?

Tone - Tone
Boost - Volume Control
Sensitivity
0 - Sensitivity off
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

i have seen a sd2000 for sale referencing the Barrie Johnson 6 frequency mod maybe this could be one even though it is only labelled to 4https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12130/1623670990_bbbb.jpg

Your six position that is marked sensitivity is actually a Timing switch it switches different crystals to adjust the timing the highest frequency crystal will be the most sensitive to small targets crystals can be from 1.000 MHz for large deep nuggets up to 4.000MHz for small nuggets my crystal switch has 12 positions.

Regards, Ian. :D

IBGold said:
stevenj48 said:

Tone - Tone
Boost - Volume Control
Sensitivity
0 - Sensitivity off
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

i have seen a sd2000 for sale referencing the Barrie Johnson 6 frequency mod maybe this could be one even though it is only labelled to 4https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12130/1623670990_bbbb.jpg

Your six position that is marked sensitivity is actually a Timing switch it switches different crystals to adjust the timing the highest frequency crystal will be the most sensitive to small targets crystals can be from 1.000 MHz for large deep nuggets up to 4.000MHz for small nuggets my crystal switch has 12 positions.

Thanks for the info Ian

Ok have had a response from Rohan (Barrie's Son)

From Memory position 1 & 2 are the 2 standard frequencies, normally you would have to remove cover and swap a link over to access those frequencies. Position 3 & 4 are 2 more frequency options that will slightly increase sensitivity in relation to small gold. The frequency options can also be used to reduce EMI (Interference) The Tone is just the Audio Tone. The Boost switch is an Audio Booster (Volume) this will only boost the Audio.

pretty much explains it all.

IBGold said:
stevenj48 said:

Tone - Tone
Boost - Volume Control
Sensitivity
0 - Sensitivity off
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

I eventually put variable pot in and switch between that and the xtals ..

worked quite well

Latest posts