New Fisher Impulse AQ Beach Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess Fisher is not supplying them to Australian agents.
Whites and Tesoro have folded. Maybe Garrett and or Fisher will be next.
Garrett has not produced a half descent coin and relic detector for several years now and Fisher is still making the 1280x :8 and have not created a PI since the Impulse until now with Impulse AQ, and then they only make 100 of them and call it a "limited Edition" ....If you are on a good thing why put a cap on production? Are they about to close up shop?

Fisher are gingerly dipping their toes into modern PI waters and don't want to over-commit themselves as Whites did with the MX Sport. It's a limited edition because the 100 "lucky" purchasers are effectively beta testers, hence the USA-only restriction. Fisher want to sell 100 prototype models only to experienced operators who will give them good feedback and are within easy reach of their established dealer network if there's a problem. It's actually pretty smart marketing I guess, but frustrating for those outside the 'purple circle'.

There's plenty of discussion about the AQ on NASA Tom's forum, eg:

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,176619,176619#msg-176619

Yes I know of ivanll's effort to get one out to Australia.
There are plenty of very experienced operators here and ivanll is one of them.
I like to think I have an understanding of metal detectors also, having constructed a few BFO, VLF and PI's and owned and used 58 different machines in 50 years of detecting. and written a few Field Tests over the years......I know that the Euro market is much larger than in Australia. I guess they are not interested in us colonial types.......They may be right though because the machine is designed to target gold jewellery and may not be so flash on coins, especially junk metal type coins (like ours)
The TDI, ATX and Infinium will perform anywhere and even my Vallon VMH3CS is excellent on the beach.
. Then there is the SDC2300....real nice at the beach on gold and also excellent in highly iron mineralised gold fields.

Well we may have to wait a while but have just heard that the AQ will eventually be available in Australia. but no exact date yet.

The FOMO is strong with this detector.

I've already been told by a detectorist at my favourite beach that he will be getting the first AQ in Australia.

I'll probably get one myself but not too worried in the mean time.

TDI all metal mode, dig all targets :fistpump:

Looks like the Impulse AQ Limited is now available directly from the maker First Texas

Prises in $US below.

IMPULSE-AQ-NIMH $1,499
PI-BATPK-NI $199.00 *Only if you want more than 1 battery pack
8COILPI-A $299

:cool: :Y: :clap: :perfect:

They're a bit over-rated by the sounds of it, the big selling point was the discrimination yet nobody uses it. So it ends up being a shallow water proof PI with reasonably good depth.

I know a guy that bought one, he's a beach hunter, he didn't like it and has got rid of it. Quite a few have bought them and had faulty ones or just not liked it or found a use for it and sold it although Fisher have some stupid policy the warranty can't be transferred, that won't play ball in our part of the World, such a rule is not viable. If you've got the receipt, you've got the warranty.

Hopefully the Gold version is better than the Beach version, although the Beach version was always going to be a bit iffy, such a small market for a beach PI.

The NZ Fisher dealer closed down last year so we don't have a dealer either. I wouldn't mind the gold one when it comes out, meant to be going to be very sensitive to small gold and light weight, but I guess ML beat them to market anyway with the GPX 6000 so the Fisher would have to be a very good price and it's expected to be so, that means it has potential.

They really struggled to sell the 100 AQ beta versions, I doubt they're sold yet, last I saw about 30 were sold? Under 50 anyway, I can't recall. A lot on the list of buyers backed out too by the sound of it. When the final version comes out I doubt it will be all that much different, a few hundred might sell. Keep in mind the retail version is going to be significantly more expensive than the beta version.

I prefer first hand experience with a detector instead of speculations.

I'll attempt to obtain one. . . . . after all it only about the same price as a QED.

PhaseTech said:
I guess they have have to as there's no Fisher dealers left in Oz, or maybe one?

Lost Treasures Brisbane is a Fisher dealer, he was going to get the Impulse AQ when available.
First Texas could have provided a few of the "AQ Limited" they would have gone in no time, I had my order in for one.

Perhaps "pulsetrain" from Melbourne would be able to test the AQ and TDI.

"The FOMO is strong with this detector.

I've already been told by a detectorist at my favourite beach that he will be getting the first AQ in Australia.

I'll probably get one myself but not too worried in the mean time.

TDI all metal mode, dig all targets fistpump"

:beer:

Don't hear much about the supposed Impulse AQ's in Melbourne.

But there are definitely two in Queensland. :perfect:

DHL made a delivery this PM. :cool:

1622442429_dscf0090_600.jpg

Saw some forum talks with regards to the AQ's depth ability.

Anyone with a GP extreme, Equinox, 3030, or even an old Sovereign who like to test it for depth vs the Impulse AQ on a wet beach are welcome to come and try for themselves.

Can also try the TARSACCI MDT 8000, if that have an interest.

Latest posts