gold panning areas in kurri kurri,cessnock areas or any other close by

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gold near Denman & Jerry's Plains was found at Ogilvies Hill. I have driven past a gate to a TSR (Travelling Stock Route) with the same name, not sure if they're connected?, many times on my way home from the coast but never stopped to check it out.
From all reports the gold was deep & not in big quantities but there may be mullock heaps worth scanning - needs further investigation?
There might even be shallow unrecorded areas. I have found shallow unmarked/unrecorded diggings before near marked mines. I wouldn't be overly confident of the area but if I lived closer I'd at least go for a look see :lol:

chrisgrizz1, im new here and live in the cessnock area.

If u keen for a weekend let me know im up for it.

I know its an old post bit hoping for a response.

I have spent some time trying to find the location of the gold mine at Jerrys planes so far I have had no luck. Im thinking its on the land thats ownered by bhp mt authur as the land goes all the way the the hunter river

Has anyone had any luck finding the old gold and copper mines at Jerrys planes. From what I have found there was a shaft 12meters deep that was above the river and went to the water leavel. I have spent time there and I can see anything to Identify any working I will be going there today and see what I can find in the river :goldpan:

Has anyone had any luck finding the old gold and copper mines at Jerrys planes. From what I have found there was a shaft 12meters deep that was above the river and went to the water leavel. I have spent time there and I can see anything to Identify any working I will be going there today and see what I can find in the river :goldpan:
how did you go? My partner an i will be exploring this area shortly :)

Latest posts