The Gemfields rubyvale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently purchased mining claims in Rubyvale, will be up there from 10th June onwards.
If anyone has experience with the area and or mining claims in general, could you please message on here for a chat, I'd like to ask some questions!

Thanks,
Kotolos - Hugh

Hope you find some nice big rocks Kotolos :gemstone:
whats a mining claim in Rubyvale cost to buy at the current time (roughly of course and only if you want to say), and is that just bare bones ?

Kotolos said:
I recently purchased mining claims in Rubyvale, will be up there from 10th June onwards.
If anyone has experience with the area and or mining claims in general, could you please message on here for a chat, I'd like to ask some questions!
Thanks,
Kotolos - Hugh

This PA member who was doing something similar last year might be of interest to you:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33523
(His mobile number is in his profile if you want to give him a call)

Here's another relevant/interesting thread:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22309

This bloke on YouTube has some videos you might like to check out:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3-R9-P7u4VeyhUdqRgu5w

Good luck! :pickshovel:

silver said:
whats a mining claim in Rubyvale cost to buy at the current time (roughly of course and only if you want to say), and is that just bare bones ?

Claims are selling quite well at the moment Silver and I think it has a lot to do with people seeking a "base" away from the disease ridden areas down south.

As for the cost, it all comes down to not just what may be below ground, but also what is on offer above ground. A claim not far from me on barren ground here in Sapphire with a "livable" dwelling that I would have valued at no more than $10,000 max recently sold for $24,000. A lot of buyers are looking for a lifestyle location and not necessarily interested in mining and that has inflated the prices - good for the sellers, but not so good for the buyers.

We had the same thing happen here during the coal mining boom years. Claims were being snapped up by cashed up coal miners due to the shortage of accommodation in Emerald and the demand inflated the cost of claims to the point of stupidity. This in turn also inflated the prices being asked for freehold properties and these prices are still way too high.

It's definitely a sellers market at the moment and buyer beware.

Plenty of claims on the 'Used' market, some with a shack and gear, prices are all over the place.

I'm flying to Emerald on 5th August with plans to look at a few places that might be worth putting an offer on, last time in the area was 2017, so looking forward to getting back and see what's been happening.

Dihusky said:
Plenty of claims on the 'Used' market, some with a shack and gear, prices are all over the place.

I'm flying to Emerald on 5th August with plans to look at a few places that might be worth putting an offer on, last time in the area was 2017, so looking forward to getting back and see what's been happening.

If you are looking to buy a claim, just be aware that on top of the purchase price you could very well be hit up for an increase in bond payment depending on when the most recent assessment was conducted. A new scale of applicable bonds came into effect in recent years and we now have to provide a security payment to cover practically everything.

eg: a wire fence is now calculated at $5 per metre, so fencing around a 30x30 claim is assessed at $600.

The increase in bond payment is the reason some are trying to sell, they either cannot afford the payment or they wont pay it purely on principle.

snafu said:
Dihusky said:

If you are looking to buy a claim, just be aware that on top of the purchase price you could very well be hit up for an increase in bond payment depending on when the most recent assessment was conducted. A new scale of applicable bonds came into effect in recent years and we now have to provide a security payment to cover practically everything.

eg: a wire fence is now calculated at $5 per metre, so fencing around a 30x30 claim is assessed at $600.

The increase in bond payment is the reason some are trying to sell, they either cannot afford the payment or they wont pay it purely on principle.

Thanks for the heads up snafu, probably explained by the Mines Dept having to clean up old claims where the holder has died and left a mess or the current claim holder is no longer capable of clean up their disaster.

Some of the claims on the market are not much more than junk piles, always check how much gear is held together with #8 :(

Anyway if they don't clean up this covid mess in SEQ, trip will be off for the time being, see what's happening in a couple of weeks before I cancel the bookings.

Latest posts