⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of hours testing. Taking my daughters boyfriend out next weekend for his first prospecting adventure and have found a good spot to use the highbanker.

1621751312_e8246564-f198-4a56-b598-5403c4bec9c5.jpg

Continuing from my last post in the same gully..
Went up stream and did 3 X 3hr sample sessions in all the usual zones and got nothing.
End of the 3rd session I went back to where I started to hopefully get some more colour and got nothing again.
Feeling defeated I sat down and rolled a smoke while watching Darth hunt mice. Then I noticed about 10 metres down there was a flat chocke point about 1.5 metres long.
So I removed the chocked cobbles to find a thin layer of dark wash on top of a clayey bottom.
So I grabbed a pan full and started planning it out. When I got down to the swirl off the blonde point I noticed I had a concerntration of shot sized magnetite and iron stone.
Finally I had a smile on my face and under that was a couple of little chunky bits.
Happy with that I went back to camp.
I've just got back from panning that little section out which took about 2 hours.
The result..
1622009208_img_20210526_1435293.jpg

Biggest bit is 0.12..what a challenge but I won :cool:

Jaros said:
Persistence pays hey!! :goldnugget: :goldnugget:
Credit goes to Aussie bloke prospector and his mention of choke points.
I've done well in flat zones with clay bottom before but never sampled a flat choke point well above bedrock.
My result is a combination.

PS..
I'm in a NSW state forest but it's a pocket of ground among private property's governed by a conservative group thats video surveyed.
They hate my presence coz I know, so I smile and wave at the cameras lmao

Same gully new zone..
Another flat choke point but this time with a basalt bottom, it's blocky with multiple dip and folliation changes.
Main channel had a clayey bottom but no heavy shot material and no gold.
Along one side there is a weed root Matt edge so I spent a couple of hours panning that and got.
1622268500_img_20210529_1533242.jpg

At the end of the session I dug a small hole about a metre over down through the weed Matt and down through the clayey blonde wash and found stinky dark material, basalt was rotten and sharply folliated.
Smashed into it and took a pan full, loaded with heavy shot but no colour.
To be continued..
(That bit is 0.11)
:cool:

goldtrapper said:
Don't say that on here or they will ban panning next!!!
Did a couple more pans in that test hole and got nothing so it's not worth the disturbance.
Back in the main channel and slowly working my way up the flat zone crevices and starting to get heavy shot and a little bit of colour..

Latest posts