WARNING TO FOSSICKERS ABOUT NSW SLUICING DEVELOPMENTS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess the start of things to come all over. Dredging all over again.

It's crap though, how much damage is done to Large rivers as a result of poor management.... darling/murray-----> who are the top 20 users of water from these rivers and how long is that tail..... Why fix the real problem when polies can divert attention to a defenseless group and blow a ddifferent problem out of proportion.

Mackka said:
Hey 7.62 why is the napfa people being so quiet on this?
Mackka
Hi Mackka - I got a newsletter from NAPFA within the last week or so that had info on this subject. I think NAPFA are preferring to send info direct to members rather than use forums?
Unfortunately not the good news that people are waiting for but in a nutshell pretty much saying due to a change of Government & Resources Minister in NSW that they need to bring him up to speed then start discussions again. I tend to think this could be an ongoing/never ending process common in politics.
I tend to agree with 7.62 - can't see them ever giving the full tick of approval to using powered pumps. I also can't see them committing resources to stamp it out completely either ;)

Quicker waiting for flood waters to smooth over workings, not trying to be smart about it, just goes to show how slow the political process works.

I quite agree with mbasko. As stated before i do feel there is much more at stake here above and beyond the use of water pumps, they have been the test case as to what can be done by the powers to be. Here is something to confirm my views and you may wish to ponder this.... Ask your self this question!,.... just how much have we lost in regards to prospecting since 1979 till present day, this question applies to all states of Australia. Stop and have a think about the question, then and only then you will be able to see this has been going on for quite some years. To understand what we have lost, you must first understand what we had. Just my thinking Jemba

For those of us new to the hobby, it would be good to know excatly what has been lost in that period.
Also it would give us an idea on who we should support and lobby politically.

As mbasko has posted previously we in NSW have had districts recently declared as fossicking districts which shows that some things may be improving.
not sure if that gain weighs up against what has been lost though.

Have you ever wondered just how much we have lost here in NSW in regards to fossicking not to mention what is going on in other states? When did it all start and where will it all end? To me one of the most important losses taken from the prospectors in NSW was the loss of our miners right in the 90,s and it has been all down hill from there. As an example I will post a document which will show just how important that miners right was and just how much we lost when they took it away. I see a lot of people saying that NAFPA is sitting on their hands over the high banking question, and that been quite incorrect. For a lot of work has been going on in the background which cant be made public. I only wish we had NAFPA back at the start of the demise of prospecting in NSW I can only imagine we would not be were we are now trying to play catchup. On page 3 of the posted document please read the ruling under claim and you will see at an instant what we have lost. And that was just the start, check out the mining laws past and present as to the state you live in as to what has been lost . There is a lot more I could add to this document but been on a open forum I am unable to do so.
Cheers Jemba.

1559614282_1.jpg

1559614300_2.jpg

1559614320_3.jpg

1559614365_4.jpg

1559614392_5.jpg

1559614415_6.jpg

1559614440_7.jpg

Who is to blame?

In a word, Us. If you want to keep something, you NEED to Fight for it.. We Prospectors/Fossickers are to blame for the losses over the years... Its about time we let them know how many of us are actually out there.....

But, by NOT showing them that we are a force to take seriously, We have and will continue to Loose.... Until there is nothing left for them to take from Us...

I just hope one day a certain 'organisation' will listen at what is being said by their members and Non-members and take some action. They might even win over a few extra members.. But No, they still hold hope of getting things back..... that will never happen... I have never known a Government to give back what they took away from Us... :skull:

The 4x4 drivers have shown their numbers, Truck Drivers have, Fisherman have, Rifle owners have, but the Prospectors and Fossickers Haven't... Hmmmm wonder why?.....

LW....

LoneWolf has stated,

{Who is to blame?

In a word, Us. If you want to keep something, you NEED to Fight for it.. We Prospectors/Fossickers are to blame for the losses over the years... Its about time we let them know how many of us are actually out there.....
But, by NOT showing them that we are a force to take seriously, We have and will continue to Loose.... Until there is nothing left for them to take from Us...}

I quite agree with this statement, But prospectors no mater what type of prospecting you do {wet or dry} must understand we are under attack Australia wide. I also feel within the coming years you will see detecting included in their agenda. In a way it has already started when you consider what has been happing to area access for detecting. So it all comes down to the state you live in. If that state dose not have a lobby group then the prospectors in that state must get the ball rolling in that regards. If your state dose have a lobby group then I ask that you as a prospector give that group all the support you can. Jemba :pickshovel:

Rod H said:
Do the rules apply to private property ?
Yes Rod the wording includes on any land so utube videos sluicing at home in NSW with power pumps supplying water could be evidence used for prosecution!

Well people, I have up till this time been taking somewhat of a back seat in terms of the conversation up till this point in order to gauge the general feeling amongst our group. It appears that there is a general consensus that the time for negotiation and diplomacy alone, is near the end of it's course and needs desperately to be supported by 'direct action'. I firmly believe, however, that such 'actions' should be overseen and coordinated under the auspices of the NAPFA COMMITTEE...

To achieve these ends is going to take a level of input from the membership previously unprecedented, both in terms of financial and personal involvement...a sort of 'Boots on the Ground' approach. If your as incensed as I am with P.E.RE.'S Compliance Arm intending to throw it's weight around..in the manner of 1854 Troopers then you have to take that vow on bended knee and commit for what maybe is for the first time in your life... That you Swear by the Southeren Cross to stand Truly by Each Other to Fight for your Rights and Liberties.
And further, I propose that a Levy be Struck amongst all Napfa Members and those with the means to do so in order to supplement whatever Funds Napfa has available in order to kickstart the proposed combined action of Diplomacy and Direct Action. And further still ...that an EMERGENCY MEETING be organised as soon as is convenient to further discuss the direction of what might be a long and bitter campaign.

Reefer as i mentioned previously, the last time someone made any comment on this matter was back on the 14th June 2019 , almost two years ago, so there has been a lot of people " taking somewhat of a back seat" and understandably so.
OK, the question is what has changed in the last two years and what actions has NAPFA taken?
As there are many new members on here that may not understand your quest.
Cheers
Mackka

Well Mackka, The short answer to your query is that Napfa have been engaged in lobbying the relative Authorities in an on-going manner. They have had to change tack on several occasions due to the continual change-over of the staff that they were engaging with, they have argued on many fronts,including the environmental aspects the financial benefits to the many local communities...etc...etc..ad-infinitum...all too many times when real progress has seemed imminent there has been an appalling lack of feedback from them and what can only be described as blatantly ignorant and arrogant discourse at every turn.
In terms of what's changed...well there are number of things...these include Access to the Karst Recreation Area..previously a no go,the Nuggety State Recreation Area has taken something like 7years of negotiations, yet Napfa has been in there, tooth and nail..so in a nutshell, there's a lot going on which you would not be informed of...unless you were a member and had access to our newsletter.Regards...Rossco

Even if we could use electric bilge recirculation into tubs and have a maximum sluice width to regulate ground disturbance and so all us blokes with bad backs can get a bit of colour?

Like Mackka, I too have been watching this thread for a very long time.

The efforts of NAFPA are to be commended but the war was lost a long time ago. Personally I think there is no chance of getting legislation changed and/or getting rules in place that work for everyone.

Only hope in NSW seems to be a political party changing its policy toward fossicking or adopting a policy where it becomes an election issue for regional towns/centres who benefit economically from money spent by fossickers. Even then voters who support fossicking are unlikely to use their vote in support of a single issue...so the major parties win...again.

Having said that, there does not seem to be enough critical mass to get anything done.

This site has thousands of members yet I remember a few years back an attempt to get a petition signed by members of this site to change high banking laws in QLD struggled to get a few hundred signatures.

As well we lack a 'national group' like sporting shooters who can lobby at federal and state levels. In Qld we dont have any state body like NAPFA.

On top of this...a national body could run the risk of achieving the lowest common denominator.... restrictions on fossicking for all states based on the 'worst state'.

Maybe we need to have a forum competition to allow members to come up with a five point plan (5 paragraphs) that could outline an approach to solving this issue. Perhaps that may generate some ideas for NAPFA and other bodies.

Latest posts