My home made effort

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzie1957

Wayne Blyton
Reaction score
1393931858_img_0441.jpg

Took this box out for a test run this morning and found that, within minutes, the slots in the spray bars clogged with
frog blanket. Solved by drilling holes in a bucket, wrapping some mesh around the bucket and dropping it into the drink.
Filtered water. In goes the pump, submersible, and job's done. Rubber mat from Bunnings in the bottom, bit of cut bread
crate toward the top end, and no sign of colour in the catch bucket at the end. Happy with this.

Looking great there mossie....no gold will get through that lot mate. Look forward to seeing the jar fill with the gold from down that way.

Wal.

is that expanded flat or raised mate? if its flat it will do little to interrupt the flow of water and drop gold out of suspension. might just be my eyes though 8)

G0lddigg@ said:
is that expanded flat or raised mate? if its flat it will do little to interrupt the flow of water and drop gold out of suspension. might just be my eyes though 8)

The expanded, although small, is raised a little. Gave it another quick run early this morn. Had to raise it a little to avoid clogging. 'Bout half a gram recovered, from 4 buckets, and nothing lost.
I'll give it a good bash, over the long weekend, and see how it fares then. I'll be checking for loss every hour or so.

Good to see the bugs being ironed out, sounds like a good return for time, I'm meant to be doing other things but sitting here thinking about prospecting. Its a real time trap being so close to places (less than 10 mins) that hold colour.

mozzie1957 said:
G0lddigg@ said:

The expanded, although small, is raised a little. Gave it another quick run early this morn. Had to raise it a little to avoid clogging. 'Bout half a gram recovered, from 4 buckets, and nothing lost.
I'll give it a good bash, over the long weekend, and see how it fares then. I'll be checking for loss every hour or so.
awesome mate good work

Latest posts