Rockerbox With Hand Operated Bilge Pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Day
Only been building for two days since i found out about rule update. Will keep updating as I progress. 2 1/2' Long x 10" wide. As I mentioned started life as a HighBanker. Nice Battalion Coin. What year did that come out. I was in 1st Battalion from Dec 82 to Dec 93.

G'Day All

Legs\Pivot point complete today. Building Legs and pivots before cradle internal so i can create correct angles. I will have a fall of 3 1/2" from back to front as cradle is 2 1/2' Long

1618984980_img_0206.jpg

Next will be the Base and Pump mount

G'day Dave
I did a tour of Butterworth with B Coy 1RAR Dec 81 to Feb 82
I was with 4 Fld Regt at the time.

Dave63 said:
G'Day
Only been building for two days since i found out about rule update. Will keep as I progress. 2 1/2' Long x 10" wide. As I mentioned started life as a HighBanker. Nice Battalion Coin. What year did that come out. I was in 1st Battalion from Dec 82 to Dec 93.

That would have been a nice trip back then!! Plenty of cultural exchange :playful: I have complete a bit more of the rocker box will post picture tommorrow. Project will be on hold until I return from trip to WA :pickshovel:

Dave63 said:
G'Day
Only been building for two days since i found out about rule update. Will keep updating as I progress. 2 1/2' Long x 10" wide. As I mentioned started life as a HighBanker. Nice Battalion Coin. What year did that come out. I was in 1st Battalion from Dec 82 to Dec 93.
I was there 80 to 86

All the COVID BS cut my trip short to WA by 2 weeks. Didnt want to get stuck somewhere. didnt want to miss my sons 21st. Planning of my next trip is done. Locally in QLD. So I am back and finishing my rocker box.

1625961095_img_0231.jpg

1625961095_img_0232.jpg

1625961096_img_0233.jpg

Not much to go. Fix pump in place. Carpet, hose and stop valve and I am off to Warwick for test run.

9kg with Hand pump. Rocker comes off bottom. Yeah not bad as it started life as 10" High banker and rest scrape from other projects. Only got a cheap 30" ebay metal bender so some bent by hand in a vise etc. Had to buy pump, bolts, mesh, carpet, hose and non return valve. So for under $200 I am happy.

Hi troops, just following the rocker box project, I made one several years ago along the lines of one I saw made by a Qld prospector. I have since added a spray bar to it & run by a 12 battery connected to a bilge pump, but connected it with 1/2" hose to keep the flow rate down. I guess it's legal, re; powered tool?? :(