Minelab GP3500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi .friend. I have gp3500. Gp3500 have 2piece Ad797 very hot. Before ad797 and w34NB20 gate signal
1621014618_img-20210502-wa0013.jpg
ok. But very hot signal not

PhaseTech said:
Small monos on the 3500 are going to give you a little trouble unless in low mineralization.

I'd recommend a small DD which you can use in Mono mode if the ground allows. 10x5" Commander DD or the Detech 8" DD are both very good.
Just picked up a Detech 8" DD today, what would be the best settings to start with, deep-sensitive?

Did a search but couldnt quite find a definitive answer

Are spiral / flat wound coils suitable for the 3500 or should I stick to regular (bundle wound) coils. Looking to add a mid sized NF coil to my arsenal.Evolution or Advantage ?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony i have used a 12 inch evo on my 45 and 5 i think it will handle the ground on a 3500 OK in fixed using the ground balance button and with the ground in WA you will be OK regards john :D

Thanks JohnI have new condition Minelab Super Goldsearch monos11 and 18 Kevlars. Id love to compare these old coils with the newer offerings. Maybe not much between them?
Regards
Tony

I'd try before buying.
How do the older mono's run over your ground?
The spiral wound coils are more sensitive so if a normal mono is a bit noisy then the spirals will likely be worse.
I ran NF Advantage 14x7 coils on my SD2200 & GP3500 ok in a lot of areas in NSW but could still be hard to use in some spots. Not sure how the spirals would have been though?

I have no idea why, but spiral wound Xcoils seem to be more forgiving than others in nasty ground, with the 12"x6" hybrid winding being exceptionally good.

mbasko said:
I'd try before buying.
How do the older mono's run over your ground?
The spiral wound coils are more sensitive so if a normal mono is a bit noisy then the spirals will likely be worse.
I ran NF Advantage 14x7 coils on my SD2200 & GP3500 ok in a lot of areas in NSW but could still be hard to use in some spots. Not sure how the spirals would have been though?

Generally smooth, even on heavy ground but this may be due to knowing the 3500 so well. The big 18 Kevlar coils are a sweet coilbit of EMI from the size but heavy ground not a problem generally.
Thanks
Tony

Sounds like they would be worth trying.
At worst you might have to run in sensitive or get used to a bit more feedback?

An X Coil would be good to try if you can get one?

Reg any truth in a rumour I heard that X Coils are winding up manufacturing GPX/QED coils & working on GPX6000 coils?