Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few sinkers .
First trip this Sunday to the pearl channel in my own boat.
Havnt been to this spot for many years.
Still got the ol boys GPS marks.
1620631685_20210510_172032_copy_768x1024.jpg

1620631685_20210510_172046_copy_768x1024.jpg

Today, I made a small boy really happy, and myself in the process!
I was detecting on the beach, with Nox 800 and Sita sand scoop. I found 5c, and announced that to a woman and a small boy. She came over, and asked if I could find coins, as the boy had lost his pocket money in the sand. We went to the area where he had been playing, and in the first scoop, retrieved his pocket money.... a 50c piece. Everyone happy! :)
I didnt find anything else for the day.... the beach has been well detected.... not even bottletops! But a few non-ring ends from ring pulls, and silver paper from Easter eggs.... argh!

putting a curly que and a hook on the end of the forge shovel i made mackka,

i do it as a hobby mackka ,i make a bit of beer money out of it

a mate that has a blacksmith business asked me if i was going to go full time smithing again, but i said no, it would interfere with my beer drinking and fossicking and prospecting to much :lol:

i make S and J hooks for a shop as well as camp tripods, adjustable cooking trammels ,camp forks, BBQ forks and tongs and a few other camping odds and ends mackka,

i make a few roses and tulips when i can get the steel ,but over the last 12 to 18 months we have been having the same problem as the ship builders with the quality of the steel ,it has internal rust in it, so the bloke with the laser cutter sends it back with a few choice words added ,he is trying a new supplier, he said so far so good ,so i may be able to start making the flowers again, who knows

Dont break it with a hoe mate, use a hose :lol: :playful:
Years ago I bought and old meat mincer, hand powered, and put all my crab shells, prawn peelings, fish frames and chook feed pellets, best burley ever. I love ya thinking mate and that mix looks good enough to eat ( after a bottle of rum or two).
Mackka

Reminds me of when I was doing my apprenticeship 40 odd years ago and still living with my parents, I decided Id make a divan bed as a wedding present for one of my mates in my workshop. Came home one day to find it covered in oily spots and some sort of flesh, on asking my dear old dad if he new anything about it, sheepishly he replied might be tuna, I used your saw table to cut up the tuna your brother brought over from Lincoln
Needless to say I locked my workshop from then on.

Latest posts