Cleaning Up at Durakai

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few weeks ago a mate and I were detecting in the Durakai state forest, specifically in the Carbean Rd/ Rabbit Fence Rd area.
It was obvious that there had been plenty of people there as there was a large quantity of unfilled holes. It looked pretty ordinary, to be honest.
While we were there, two Natural Resources? inspectors came around checking permits.
One of them made the comment that if people didn't start filling in their diggings and taking more care about it , then the Department may look at making changes to permissions.
I am just posting this as a reminder that the bureaucracy is probably willing to limit activities rather than free them up so please look after what we have.

I always come home with a load of other people's rubbish from my local Goldfields, most of it is obviously household crap and not dumped by prospectors but there's a few cans and bottles that are probably from our local skanky prospectors. Don't sh*t in your own nest people's!

With detectors being purchased online and through large retailers that are not prospecting outlets , I think it's a matter of education. You need to tell and show people how to prospect and detect properly so they don't leave a mess and understand the rules basically.

When I purchased a detector from minelab (now shut) , it came with a 3 hour coarse out in the field. You were told to fill in your holes and take your rubbish home with you (and that of others). Don't think that happens with the big retailers. Hence the issue of mess and holes everywhere.

I think it is pure laziness, it states in the rules of the permit ,leave no rubbish ,fill holes ,stay on formed roads ,no :poop:ing in the creeks ,but you go to some places and the local tip looks and smells better ,those people have no social conscious at all ,and they probably still have mum pick up for them at home

the state would be out of debt LW if they went to the gemfields in central queensland and fine them for unfilled holes

i go out of my way to hide that i even have had a scratch there, especially if i am still on a run of good sapphire wash and it is time to go home :lol:

it does not take much to pull the billy boulders in the hole behind you as you follow the wash ,all it is is a couple of drags of the mattock or pick on the pile at the hole, not to hard to do :|

I was camping on Nth Straddie and these bogans appeared on the 2nd night and you could smell the cannibis and hear the boom boom music for the 2 nights they were there and they were evicted. The women used to carry their babies into the water and urinate instead of going the extra 50 mts to the toilet block. Don't know what the blokes did-probably went out there as well.

Jaros said:
I was camping on Nth Straddie and these bogans appeared on the 2nd night and you could smell the cannibis and hear the boom boom music for the 2 nights they were there and they were evicted. The women used to carry their babies into the water and urinate instead of going the extra 50 mts to the toilet block. Don't know what the blokes did-probably went out there as well.
I just bought 3 brand new flano's from big w, $10 each, can't go wrong.
Then I bought a flano jacket from Lowe's and some black jeans just to top it off :lol:

1620363413_20210507_145535_compress8.jpg

Need shoes, what do bogans wear? :lol:

Has anyone in the Warwick area noticed a bloke wearing high viz pushing what looks like 2 bikes welded together with bags of 5hit hanging all over it up the road?