Minelab SDC 2300 Settings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
Well I'll get it started.

Our SDC settings ..... FLAT OUT ..... It's rearly on less than 5 on the sensitivity. Sometimes I like to take the threshold down to 1 so that I can have it quiet but it rarely is. On most soil it chatters too much to define a genuine signal. Then we aim for the first setting where it sits steady 3. We mostly use Sunray Gold earphones but we have trouble at times with a bad connection at the audio plug and adapter cable. Then it's speaker only. I bought the booster but Mrs M says that it makes too much noise alreadt and refuses to use it. The detector has recently been back to Minelab for a new audio plug and we got a new adapter cable too so we should be all good this time :)

SDC

Standard settings for me are 4 with threshold 3. If it's a quiet day and the soil is good I'll crank it to 5 with threshold 3.

I use Deteknix wireless pro headphones if there is some wind or the the ground has a lot of leaf matter as they fit well and fully cover my ears. Other times I'll use the SS300, only prob is the muffs could be a bit larger as I hear external noise.

I'll use an external speaker with a booster on a good spring morning when there is no wind and no one else around

Mick

Moneybox said:
Well I'll get it started.

Our SDC settings ..... FLAT OUT ..... It's rearly on less than 5 on the sensitivity. Sometimes I like to take the threshold down to 1 so that I can have it quiet but it rarely is. On most soil it chatters too much to define a genuine signal. Then we aim for the first setting where it sits steady 3. We mostly use Sunray Gold earphones but we have trouble at times with a bad connection at the audio plug and adapter cable. Then it's speaker only. I bought the booster but Mrs M says that it makes too much noise alreadt and refuses to use it. The detector has recently been back to Minelab for a new audio plug and we got a new adapter cable too so we should be all good this time :)

not bad idea

SDC
I try and run it so it has a smooth threshold so usually 1-4 sensitivity as the SDC can be quite noisy and therefore miss those sort signals, so to counteract this I run the sP01 booster with a high volume so those faint sounds stand out !, I went detecting with a guy who only ever runs one sensitivity of 1 or max 2 and I couldnt believe how much small stuff he was getting and then we did tests of very faint targets still untouched in the ground he detected very slowly and he was hearing stuff I wasnt with mine on 5 sensitivity! I now mostly run on 2 or 3 if the detector is quite.
He also uses one of the prototype 10x5 coils and dose very well with that setup.

Settings for Minelab SDC:
RX dial: 1 (yellow tab)
LED's: 4 lights (smoothest setting)

I'm running a patch lead inserted into an audio DRC, then into a steel phase booster (filter 1) volume very soft with steel phase headphones.
Its a setup i would not recommend to new detector operators.

i use a sdc2300 running on 1 on the dial and only 1 indicator light have found nearly 3 oz with this set up going to try a 6000 in the near future so fingers crossed.

Latest posts