Giving out locations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jamiealdridge said:
Theres a creek near where I live that Ive been going to for a few years. It has very nice gold in patches but unfortunately was mentioned by people on one of the Facebook forums. Since then it has been absolutely smashed, rubbish everywhere etc. This is why I dont reveal my spots. Im not real keen on going there anymore but am lucky to have access to private land close by. On occasions it delivers a gram of gold per hour.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6357_68dfd9ef-00e9-4b54-b729-b6028722c3d7.jpg

Geez , no rock unturned , and looks like the banks have been picked away. I would be annoyed not because I could not pan there anymore but because of the utter destruction, which has ruined what was probably a nice area to enjoy the environment.

I posted the coordinates of this spot on this site some time back.

1620090994_gold_finds_2018.jpg

As you can see we did quite well so I thought it'd be nice to share it around but these days there are just too many out there swinging a detector. Fortunately I didn't see too much rubbish left behind but there were still the usual plastic water bottles and drink cans discarded. These people are not just careless but quite stupid. The biggest problem we have out there, apart from flies, is the junk we get between nuggets. Who i their right mind would intentionally add to the problem?

Anyway since then we took a group of eight out there and as guides for a local tourist operator and everybody came back with a rattle in their bottle so there's still a little left behind. Don't bother asking where it is because it's close to home and I'm not giving it away again.

Banjo68 said:
Love the flanno.
Work flanno
Weekend flanno
Go'n out flanno
Prospecting flanno
Let's just say. Got one for every occasion :Y: ;)
*Flanno needs its own post...

Same here, go out in flanno, work in flanno.
When worn out they make the best rags & polishing cloths, kids nappies were flannel, bed sheets - you guessed it, flannel :playful:

Banjo68 said:
Love the flanno.
Work flanno
Weekend flanno
Go'n out flanno
Prospecting flanno
Let's just say. Got one for every occasion :Y: ;)

I often refer to my best flannel shirt as my after Five shirt, my grandkids all get flannel shirts very early in life. As I type this Ive broken out the winter flannel today for the first time this year.

Moneybox said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1620090994_gold_finds_2018.jpg

As you can see we did quite well so I thought it'd be nice to share it around but these days there are just too many out there swinging a detector. Fortunately I didn't see too much rubbish left behind but there were still the usual plastic water bottles and drink cans discarded. These people are not just careless but quite stupid. The biggest problem we have out there, apart from flies, is the junk we get between nuggets. Who i their right mind would intentionally add to the problem?

Anyway since then we took a group of eight out there and as guides for a local tourist operator and everybody came back with a rattle in their bottle so there's still a little left behind. Don't bother asking where it is because it's close to home and I'm not giving it away again.

Your GPS co-ords are telling you where to dig Moneybox.

Goldtalk Leonora said:
Lisa and I removed our Facebook account earlier this year....it may not be good for business but it is certainly a lot better overall.

Too many keyboard experts and anger for my liking.

I did the same,
The ratio of, nice genuine people : keyboard warriors
Was almost comparable to, gold : rubbish recovery
:rolleyes:

Potbelly11 said:
Goldtalk Leonora said:
Lisa and I removed our Facebook account earlier this year....it may not be good for business but it is certainly a lot better overall.

I did the same,

Depends what and how you are trying to market. I run a business page, a retail page and admin a local buy swap and sell page.

For your own promotions just delete any of your own posts that the comment section gets too far away from the purpose of the the post, then repost a bit later, say 24hrs or so, and moderate the rest. We all have a tolerance level that differs and have different things we are trying to promote but FB is basically free promotion that people come to you to seek information from. That vs advertising is a far better return on time and money invested imo. Alternatively there are people that you can use for a small fees to run a page for you.

Potbelly11 said:
Goldtalk Leonora said:

I did the same,

classic.....and true.

Goldtalk Leonora said:
Moneybox said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1620090994_gold_finds_2018.jpg

Your GPS co-ords are telling you where to dig Moneybox.

This was not on my lease. We were on a 40e at the time.

I don't know if I did the right thing today. The ground I'm scraping for the dryblower is rock hard so I ducked out this afternoon and scraped up a few big piles while it was wet and quite a bit softer.

Latest posts