SDC2300 v Goldmonster 1000 (GM 1000)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Mackka.... but only on the flypoop, we'll hav'ta surrender anything bigga. Maybe put a cut across the side of the hill to see whats going on..... that could be the start of the race too if theres no color just there :D

SwiftsCreek said:
The 12 / 14 year old kids need a smallish detector for hiking up in the hills around our property , i heard the GPZ 7000 is heavy so its not a goer.
Awesome can I come and be your 70yo son, I have no problem carrying a GPZ (just buying it) .....

They found some gold as big as my thumbs just scraping around by eye on the top of the mountain range so we want to know which machine will be better depth wise ?
Why change when you're on a good thing just get their eyes tested regularly so they don't miss any ...... by the way if there's no photo it's usually just someones imagination.

We are not too concerned about the price.
A problem we all wish we had .... just wait for the new GPX6000, or support a local lad and buy a QED, just don't ask me how to use it.

You can keep the fly poop/.
You're right just get the kids to throw them back and let them grow.

Nice corner of the world by the way, friends have recently sold their property there and moved into Bairsdale.

Do you know how deep an SDC2300 would find say a 1 gram nugget? I have recently bought one when starting detecting a few months ago and have had good finds with it. From my experience I expect it is about to 10cm (4")? I have found larger nuggets (4g, 6g, 13g) deeper than that. But need to go over a good patch I've found on a steep slope later some stage with something that goes deeper to recover as much as I can. However, I can't afford to keep my 2300 and have a more expensive (deeper) unit at this stage.

Crocket said:
Do you know how deep an SDC2300 would find say a 1 gram nugget? I have recently bought one when starting detecting a few months ago and have had good finds with it. From my experience I expect it is about to 10cm (4")? I have found larger nuggets (4g, 6g, 13g) deeper than that. But need to go over a good patch I've found on a steep slope later some stage with something that goes deeper to recover as much as I can. However, I can't afford to keep my 2300 and have a more expensive (deeper) unit at this stage.

Get a 7k, after reading your intro thread it's a no brainer :beer: best of luck when you do upgrade.

Crocket said:

The SDC2300 has auto ground balance so its detecting depth will vary depending on the mineral content of the soil. In benign sandy soil it will go very deep but heavily mineralizes iron rich soil it'll barely detect below the surface. There's no simple answer to the depth it's capable of.

Wishfull said:
Try a Steelphase amplifier.
Thanks for the advice. Will read up about them and check reviews. As Makka suggests I would ultimately like to keep 2300 and get something else like 7000 that is designed to go deeper. Time and finances will determine if that happens.

Latest posts