You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Mackka
26 April 2021 08:28 am

Very sad, especially India. My prayers are with them for quick relief and oxygen supplies.
Mackka

2 users like this post: silver, BigWave

silver
26 April 2021 11:52 am

Mackka wrote:

Very sad, especially India. My prayers are with them for quick relief and oxygen supplies.
Mackka

I think that spike on the right is india, and in a week we will see that seven day average of transmission lift right up.
1619398046_screenshot_2021-04-26-10-33-52.jpg

It will be like the exodus of Wuhan all over again because no one will isolate india itself until it's too late. Australian leaders are giving the world a false sense of security by saying it's all ok we are not going to stop the planes from india. It's ok for us to be like that perhaps.... but probably not so for other countries that may follow our lead, but may not be in a position to isolate and extinguish the virus before it can get into the general population.
We ourselves are only a few steps of accidentals away from crisis at all times, and without vigilance could be building funeral pyres in carparks of crematoriums ourselves.
I hope India has the intestinal fortitude to close its internal districts off from one another to contain the spread of this monster in its midst.

World beware situation once again IMHO.

Last edited by silver (26 April 2021 11:53 am)

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

silver
26 April 2021 01:09 pm

Just thinking of solutions for travel reasons that could potentially save a lot of lives.

Here's one.

Temporarily total restrictions on dual citizenship upon leaving Australia or its territories, where the primary citizenship belong to any foreign country. Allowing outward travel from Australia only so that if anyone wants to go back to their country of origin they can, but upon doing so the restrictions kick in.

This needs to be thought of in a shtf situation.

2 users like this post: Bjay, LoneWolf

BigWave
26 April 2021 01:24 pm

silver wrote:

We ourselves are only a few steps of accidentals away from crisis at all times, and without vigilance could be building funeral pyres in carparks of crematoriums ourselves.

Christians really don't care whether they are buried or cremated. Hindus (80% of India) must be cremated, whilst Muslims must be buried (with very few exceptions).
So, I doubt that we'd have mass cremations in carparks...........

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

1 user likes this post: silver

silver
26 April 2021 01:33 pm

BigWave wrote:
silver wrote:

Christians really don't care whether they are buried or cremated. Hindus (80% of India) must be cremated, whilst Muslims must be buried (with very few exceptions).
So, I doubt that we'd have mass cremations in carparks...........

It could get down to timber supply here if there were millions of bodies... it'd be easier to burn then bury

BigWave
26 April 2021 05:59 pm

In Australia, we use gas to incinerate, so the ashes are pure.

Jaros
26 April 2021 06:24 pm

Is that right? An honest question.

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

Goldfreak
04 May 2021 06:47 am

With out getting too political. With a new strain spreading like wild fire in India a travel ban is probably the safest option although it sucks for those caught up in it. I have to ask though why haven't we improved our quarantine system and capabilities by now ? The narrative about how serious this is from various leaders and the lack of serious purpose built quarantine infrastructure after all this time does not add up.

5 users like this post: RM Outback, silver, LoneWolf, JD3, Outback

BigWave
04 May 2021 09:51 am

Jaros - True.
Takes around 36kg of gas at 1000C for ~2 hrs.

silver
04 May 2021 12:00 pm

Goldfreak wrote:

With out getting too political. With a new strain spreading like wild fire in India a travel ban is probably the safest option although it sucks for those caught up in it. I have to ask though why haven't we improved our quarantine system and capabilities by now ? The narrative about how serious this is from various leaders and the lack of serious purpose built quarantine infrastructure after all this time does not add up.

Because they thought it would be just a short lived thing that could be fixed by vaccination..... they still hardly have any idea of the reality of a global pandemic. If this thing really was created in a lab, then you could imagine it as an F1 Hybrid type/style of entity, that's the only way I can see that these variants of it seem to be popping up in different countries, like it's adapting to differing cultural genetics differently somehow, or some hosts somehow are the breeding ground for enhanced biochangeability whithin the virus as it replicates within them.

Yes we need better bigger facilities, but if we stopped migration at this point in time we would have a better ability to bring all our people home as needed.... once done I'm sure they could use those same facilities for tourism in a user pays fashion that will make australia the destination of choice for those with lots of money to spend.... wink

3 users like this post: Goldfreak, JD3, davent

Ridge Runner
04 May 2021 12:25 pm

I think they should Hardline any form of Global travel and ban it altogether,

Saying that a friend I knew and went to school with as a youngster has just come over here with his father because he is a Famous Internation singer and they are having to Quarantine and be tested every 2 days, I have not seen him since back in the day and I would like to catch up with them but common sense tells me otherwise.

AKA, Fridge Runner.... Ted Bullpit for PM

4 users like this post: silver, LoneWolf, JD3, davent

silver
07 May 2021 12:23 pm

Only 20 days later and the recorded C19 deaths have gone from 3,000,000 on the 17th of April to 3,250,000 today on the 7th of May
Link to 3 million post
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 10#p604410

Today
1620350927_screenshot_2021-05-07-11-03-20.jpg

I won't change my 4million date because it's there in that other post so we can see at that time if it's getting better or worse as we go along.

Effectively we have jumped from 10,000 deaths a day to 12,500 a day
1620351008_screenshot_2021-05-07-11-26-33.jpg

Last edited by silver (07 May 2021 12:31 pm)

1 user likes this post: JD3

Ridge Runner
07 May 2021 12:41 pm

They said on the news here today that there were 13 deaths in the past 24 hours, So it seems to be slowing down. flowers flowers flowers

1 user likes this post: BigWave

JD3
07 May 2021 09:25 pm

Goldfreak wrote:

Because its now the time of the dweebs. You know those dimbos back in school that had no idea about much of reality!? Well our woke world has given them not just a voice but a leg up and they have run with it. They now rule us. They have near zero grasp on reality but think that everything they think is 100% correct. Look at them. They do all kinds of stupid, disgusting things, roart the systems, rip off everything to their own gain and advantage then get caught and claim things like "I didn't know it was against the rules....it wasnt me it was someone who looked like me....i now need time out in rehab....i have mental health issues and cant answer that". Look at them all! That scum that raped Britney, instantly in for mental health issues, the other guy the Gov whatever the same. The minister who Britney complained about suddenly before having to answer is sick in hospital. Total bs dweeb crap. Wow...our country when you look at it is being run by un accountable morons all with mental health issues that need hospitalisation! Our political system is a breeding ground for rapists, sexual assaulters, lyers, rorters and incompetent dweebs. Unfortunately it cost many old and vulnerable lives since covid. But it still keeps chugging along sadly. They make me want to throw up when I see them on tv justifying themselves. mad

2 users like this post: silver, jahan

Tathradj
07 May 2021 09:35 pm

One of the major call centers I work with are in India.
These ones are very, decent intelligent folk's.

And they are very scared and in tears.

I broke one down today telling him that we are thinking of you
and please, Stay safe and well.

He answered,
" No we Can't."

"I have to earn a living and it is getting so hard to do it at the moment."
He lost his Father a month ago.

And now his wife is some where very ill.

These folk I talk too were always so happy and cheerful and would go out of
their way to help you.

Now they are locked in a room wondering what is going to happen.

It Hurts. brokenheart

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

5 users like this post: Goldfreak, silver, BigWave, Mackka, Ridge Runner

JD3
07 May 2021 11:06 pm

Tathradj wrote:

One of the major call centers I work with are in India.
These ones are very, decent intelligent folk's.

And they are very scared and in tears.

I broke one down today telling him that we are thinking of you
and please, Stay safe and well.

He answered,
" No we Can't."

"I have to earn a living and it is getting so hard to do it at the moment."
He lost his Father a month ago.

And now his wife is some where very ill.

These folk I talk too were always so happy and cheerful and would go out of
their way to help you.

Now they are locked in a room wondering what is going to happen.

It Hurts. brokenheart

Thats heart breaking stuff mate sad

2 users like this post: silver, Mackka

Ridge Runner
08 May 2021 01:27 pm

They just said on the News here that there are now 520 Cases of the Indian Variant and it spreads as easily as the Kent ( UK ) Variant, sad

Another 15 people died here in the past 24 hours. flowers

Outback
08 May 2021 10:22 pm

Sad ' but most Aussies don't give a hoot about off sure death levels & just want to stop any Imports who could have it coming here .

And guess What ? '''''''' me too argh

Jack .

2 users like this post: silver, Jemba

BigWave
08 May 2021 10:34 pm

Jack, that's very un-charitable. When we can get our quarantine ready (sounds like scheduled for 15 May), we need to bring home all vulnerable Australians.
We also need to send them as much resources as we can (ventilators, oxygen, vaccine, drugs PPE etc) to protect us as well as those poor buggers.
Have mercy mate.

2 users like this post: silver, Ridge Runner

Outback
08 May 2021 10:52 pm

BigWave wrote:

Jack, that's very un-charitable. When we can get our quarantine ready (sounds like scheduled for 15 May), we need to bring home all vulnerable Australians.
We also need to send them as much resources as we can (ventilators, oxygen, vaccine, drugs PPE etc) to protect us as well as those poor buggers.
Have mercy mate.

I hear you ' but think about these Indians who call themselves Australians !
They are here to better them selves only .

Lets wake up about Why people come here !!! wink

jack .

Last edited by Outback (08 May 2021 10:54 pm)

3 users like this post: silver, Jemba, Gunna

silver
09 May 2021 09:44 am

BigWave wrote:

Have mercy mate.

Wonder if Australia has set itself up to be making enough ventilators, oxygen, vaccine, drugs PPE, & etc to be able to do that and still have enough for here once they start letting the brits rush in.
It's a bit of bovine feaces that we(and the rest of the world) were raped of it all at the start by certain overseas nationals from one huge c0untry hell bent on keeping it away from the rest of the world... we can see now that its starting on its much worse journey (C19) just what was being expected to happen(but much earlier than it is in time).
Sure we need to help, but the idiots running the show make morrons look smart... what with wanting buisiness as usual, feeding us all sh!t about bringing our own homw and keeping us in the dark about all the immigration going on during it all, making us think the only planes flying were to bring home our own, even just that... but there's everything they are doing from vaccination that will still allow it to be carried, with a chance of death from just the vaccination, cover-ups like my old freind that passed after getting it and they conveniently say the cause was heart and kidneys (how much of that is going on) keeping us in the dark.

The death rate from C19 has jumped from a projeted 100 days per 1,000,000 to just 80 days per 1,000,000.... does it have to get to a projected number of just 30 days per 1,000,000 deaths before we ger a change of course... or will they still be saying steady as it goes then.... goofy comes to mind... in the dark... outa sight.... and running the ship yikes

3 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Outback, Jemba

Ridge Runner
09 May 2021 11:03 am

Outback wrote:
BigWave wrote:

Have mercy mate.

jack .

Really ??? And do you also realize that 80 to 90% of the Vaccines the world is getting Is actually being Made by those Very same Indian People, Yet they are dying because they can't afford Oxygen or the Very Vaccines they are making for us. And you can bet that at leased some of those who come here and to Australia know someone who works at those vaccine factories.

We also have to remember during the WWI and WWII they fought along side Brits an Aussie's alike, So I guess we Owe them that much,

Last edited by Ridge Runner (09 May 2021 11:36 am)

silver
09 May 2021 11:22 am

Ridge Runner wrote:
Outback wrote:
BigWave wrote:

Have mercy mate.

jack .

Really ??? And do you also realize that 80 to 90% of the Vaccines the world is getting Is actually being Made by those Very same Indian People, Yet they are dying because they can't afford Oxygen or the Very Vaccines they are making for us. And you can bet that at leased some of those who come here and to Australia know someone who works at those vaccine factories.

Might be a little to do with the new indian strain too... we'll know in a couple of weeks (if they tell us) whether or not vaccination in the uk has been able to protect effectively against this new indian strain I guess. Let's hope it reduces the voraciousness of it regardless of oxygen.
Surely India would be postponing all exports of vaccines to use them domestically atm... if they felt the need for them was greater than the financial gain.

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Jemba

Ridge Runner
09 May 2021 11:30 am

silver wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
Outback wrote:
BigWave wrote:

Have mercy mate.

jack .

Might be a little to do with the new indian strain too... we'll know in a couple of weeks (if they tell us) whether or not vaccination in the uk has been able to protect effectively against this new indian strain I guess. Let's hope it reduces the voraciousness of it regardless of oxygen.
Surely India would be postponing all exports of vaccines to use them domestically atm... if they felt the need for them was greater than the financial gain.

Well the Big Wigs are calling it the "B.1.617.2" strain and they said it spreads as easily as the UK/Kent Strain, In the early reports of it they said the AZ vaccine was more than 50% effective against it but since then the % has gone up and due to the country wide Elections on Thursday the Main News has been full of that BS which has shifted the focus from C19. mad

Last edited by Ridge Runner (09 May 2021 11:31 am)

silver
09 May 2021 03:28 pm

Voting in every country should be based on C19 protection policies. angel