Ever Lost Your Nugget Container In The Bush?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
Was out for an overnighter to Bendigo from Melbourne and did a 2 day detect. Wasnt amazing but managed to ping a little 0.1g And a 0.5gm. At least there was a rattle in my container? So my test nugget (1gm) had some friends.

BUT when I got home, realised my nugget container was gone??? ..... searched the car, nothing... pants again... nothing???
Felt like an idiot.. rookie mistake.
Must have dropped out somewhere but luckily it was not an ounce piece in there?
Was wondering if anyone else has made a sacrifice back to the gold gods, or am I the first?
I hope someone finds it and has a smile for me, remember the old saying finders keepers
Good luck all!

Sorry to hear that Krugerrand.... but you are not alone. I lost my test piece in a container that I put down to tune my 5000 to and just walked off thinking... yep these settings are all good. An hour later went to grab it again, and derrr you idiot, you left it behind. Thick bush so its probably still there... :8
Only a 0.3 so I didnt cry too much 8.(

Yeah I've done it!
Was flooded in but really had to get home so chartered an R22.
Fella landed and I put my bag under the seat then jumped in, I felt my little film canister in my left pocket but after I put my seat belt on, it was gone!!
He was just about to lift off when I said hang on!
And jumped out to pick up my canister and about 3/4 of a ounce off the ground!

I lost a Vegemite jar of Sapphires about 40 years ago when my daughter took it school for Show and Tell but forgot to bring it home and forgot to tell Dad that she had taken it. A few months later when I was looking for it, the truth came out but not a sign of it at the school, strange that. It included a crazed 70 carat yellow from just outside of GG on Private Property. I visited that place 10 years ago and took a bottle of scotch just in case it was the same owner. It was and his wife remembered me and the scotch I always took. Lovely people.
Mackka

davent said:
So far just my water bottle and a pick!
Found the pick just after I bought a new one, and I reckon my water bottle will come home with me next trip!

You may not believe it, but I paint my picks white!!!
Handle, pickhead, everything bright white......
Haven't lost a pick yet... but have had to go back looking!!!

Put the general location in the members section mate (if you trust it) and hopefully an honest member finds it before a random. You can be discreet and use private message function to give details if you don't have the option to return to the location soon.

There's plenty of GOOD members on here who would be more than happy to return your lost gold. Equally there are scumbags by virtue of forum nature :rolleyes:

I carry my magnet in my bottle and have it sitting on a little horse shoe on the front of my harness where I can grab it quickly to check the target. We'd taken my son's father-in-law and brother-in-law out to a far off land to find their first gold with their GPZ7000. The gold was small but plentiful so I had a few rattles in the bottle but when it came to show & tell my bottle was gone. All four of us walked over the ground I'd been prospecting on with no luck. I was more upset at loosing the bottle and magnet than the gold but after giving up we returned to the bus. When it came time to close up for the night I found my bottle stuck to the tailgate latch complete with my gold :)

On the next occasion I'd already filmed find a 20g piece before loosing it on the way home.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/Km-Rw9GLoRE[/video]

Hi
Great video Moneybox, did you lose that awesome nugget?
I hope you found it again
Keep living the dream
:goldnugget:

Krugerrand said:
Hi
Keep living the dream

Yes I realised it was missing as I was riding back to camp so I turned around a searched until I gave up but picked it up on the side of the gully about 50m from the quad. It was amongst some tight shrubs and I had it in my magnet bottle stuck to the front of my harness. It went missing again last year and I was sure we hadn't sold it. It turned up safe and sound in a location where Mrs M had hidden it 6 months before.

Moneybox said:
Krugerrand said:
Hi
Keep living the dream

Yes I realised it was missing as I was riding back to camp so I turned around a searched until I gave up but picked it up on the side of the gully about 50m from the quad. It was amongst some tight shrubs and I had it in my magnet bottle stuck to the front of my harness. It went missing again last year and I was sure we hadn't sold it. It turned up safe and sound in a location where Mrs M had hidden it 6 months before.

Lucky you, found three 20 grammers for the price of one!