Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it on my left side (detector in right hand), when using the GPX and GPZ. I like it on my waist belt as it's out of the way, and seems to be the furthest point from your coil when you are kneeling down to recover a target. If using the SDC, I find it easiest to clip on the side of the control box cover. Then I can use wired or wireless headphones depending on where I'm detecting.

Left side is the only way to go, as high up as you can get it, I get quite a bit of trouble with my coil detecting it so I have it as high on my left side as I can and even then I've had times with certain coils it gives me trouble. The alloy case is great for strength and shielding I guess but it's one dirty great big bit of metal on your body.

For those that haven't been able to find a Pouch for their SP01 seeing they always seem to be out of stock these days you can import a suitable size one from China. It seems decent quality and all you have to do is put some holes in it for the plugs, or as I've done use a right angle plug for the top speaker out which means only one hole in the side is necessary and makes it nice and rain proof.

1617819244_img_20210407_075443.jpg

1617819244_img_20210407_075447.jpg

1617819244_img_20210407_075537.jpg

1617819244_img_20210407_075543.jpg

1617819244_img_20210407_075953.jpg

1617819244_img_20210407_080008.jpg

1617819244_img_20210407_080020.jpg

And this is the link to the place selling them https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001440737398.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.613b4c4dbpz38G

Decent price at about $8 shipped too.

Perhaps there is an answer to this question already but this is a whopper of a thread and I dont have the time to read through it now... so...

If I have a wireless unit - quest wire free adapter that lets me use my own headphones - should I put the steel phase between the GPX battery and quest transmitter, or between the quest receiver and headphones?

The main difference I can imagine is that perhaps the steelphase amp is better than the quest so putting it just before the headphones allows for the quest to do wireless transmission at a lower gain and then the sP01 just all the main amplifying

Thanks

The way I use the SP01 on my GPX is GPX plugged into the Quest Wirefree Mate Transmitter, then the receiver plugs into the SP01 then the SP01 into my headphones or external speakers and this works perfectly, I find it best to have the SP01 at the end with the speaker/headphones.

By the way, I see you've got a QED, the SP01 is not good on the QED, the QED's audio output for some reason is incapable of running the SP01 to a reasonable volume output level however the SP01 will work on any other detector. I believe Steelphase was going to make a SP02 that may work better on the QED, I don't know if that ever eventuated.

Looks like a nifty little pouch, but I like metal clips so I can quickly change its mounting position, or clip it on the side of a different detector, which I do when I grab the SDC. Yes the canvas aussie made pouches sell out faster than I can get them unfortunately.
I do have another version available which is also nice: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/pouch-for-steelphase-enhancer/

Yup, no doubt about it your pouch is better Nenad :) A good price too. I'd buy your one over the Chinese version.

I have run a steel phase for 3 years : I think it is like most things in detectoring: it is not some major leap forward with your set up but simply maybe a 5% advantage , but these little steps do add up . I run a 7000 but have met professional guys running 4500 who wont run them out of fear they draw much needed power, not sure about that one but Im also not sure about running a 4500 or 5000 over a 7000 . But each too there own , the world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

Only just got mine. Given it 2 runs...AMAZING on the SDC. Targets were so loud.
Ran my usual settings: Sensitivity 4, Threshold 3-4 (I normally run it on max), And the SP01 in Mode 1, Filter 2 with a quest wireless. :Y:
The fainter targets stood out significantly.
Awesome! :Y: :Y: :Y:

Could anyone who has a SP01 give me the outside dimensions so I can make a leather holder for it before the one I have bought arrives.

Regards, Ian. :D

Ive been on the lookout for an SP01 for months and everywhere says its out of stock. Any ideas where I can get one?

Latest posts