X-Terra coil selection help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevenj48 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Steve, One thing I missed in one of your replies,,, Look If She "sorry don't know her name" Is finding Lead Shot She Is Going to Find Gold, If a person or a machine can find lead Shot then it is just a matter of time before She digs one target that is Gold.

Thanks for the advice might grab the smaller coil to try and see if it helps

And another thing to remember is If your Wife is digging Lead shot that is a good sign that no one has detected there before her which means She is in with a good chance of finding Gold because every one digs lead shot trying to find Gold.

J.

When I was using the Xterra 705 in the Goldfields the only coil I used was the 6 inch dd. As I didn't work the same areas as the pi's. I got in between the roots Rocks and place the big boys couldn't get. I had the 15 inch,10 by 5 and The 6 and the only way I found gold with was the 6. The two coils that found the end of my wand the most was the 15 inch and the 6. The 6 was also a great coil in high rubbish areas looking for goldies :D

we Got the 6" DD took it out to creswick on saturday plenty of target just no gold same with the gold monster
just can't seem to hit the right spots where we go. hopefully one day

I got a 6" 18.75kHz coil for my x-terra 70 from New England Instrument Company & noticed on their web site a good selection of other kHz coils & sizes for the x-terra & other older minelab detectors, might be worth a look if you have older minelabs.

G'day guipago, what are you searching for with that coil? DD is it? How much? :goldnugget:

Yep DD, $175, I'm into harebrained schemes so will go on my 70 for sniffing around crevices in all-metal, don't really need super depth.

I'd put the money into an equinox, rather than the xterra, my 2c

Latest posts