Possible GPZ Ground Noise?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bronc said:
kingswood said:
In normal or difficult??
Thats in difficult mate
Cool. Threshold was quite wavery so couldnt tell...
Try GB right near that left edge and then back over the hole. I would also follow the others advice and widen the hole more too :)
good luck, hope its a decent lump,
Let us all know how you get on :)

G'day

It could be a just highly mineralised spot or a metal target, firstly no matter what machine you are using go through your ground balancing procedure to be sure the machine is properly balanced and tuned, do it in a spot away from the target area to be sure, but I repeat never ever walk away from anything like that unless you are sure what it is either way, you never know it could be the cap of a gold bearing reef, a large nugget,or just crap, but in light of the fact you say that you have found some pieces nearby makes that a likely scenario for it to be gold also, the only way to find out is to dig and be sure what it is, better to be wrong than right, the worst possible thing would be to walk away from it only to find out later and hearing about someone else scoring big there after finding the disturbed ground you have left behind, as I have found many nuggets in old dig holes over the years. :lol:

Many years ago when I was new to the game I came across a similar thing and walked away from it as I did not know any better, but even after all these years I still think about where that spot was and what it possibly could have been, I have made several attempts to find the place again and looked in several locations that have looked familiar,but I am only able to go by memory only as I did not have a Gps back then to mark it as I would do now, and as I have not been able to locate it so its either still there or someone else has dug it out, so unless you find out either way the memory might stay with you for a bit. :awful:

cheers

stayyerAU

Finally got back out there Monday and the noise has all but gone from the hole now that it has dried out so I didnt bother digging it any further. On the bright side I went over where I got the other pieces next to it and ended up digging out 22grams in small pieces. Potentially more there but ran out of time as the rain was coming. Thanks everyone who gave feedback?

Well done, Bronc. Now it's time for the serious prospecting work - I'd suggest you scour that spot and the surrounding area with maximum thoroughness: there's got to be more there somewhere.

Go slowly, moving fallen branches to cover the ground under them; check close in around large trees and old stumps, where the root systems can push underlying gravels to the surface. If necessary, use flagging tape to temporarily mark corners of a search area, so you can be certain of 100% ground coverage. When you finish each site visit, try to remove all signs of your work so that others aren't alerted to the possibility of a patch.

To show you what this might entail, here's a pic of an intensively worked small patch that Redfin published on PA some years back. Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing it again here, as it's such a perfect example of serious metal detecting, rather than the common 'wander and hope' approach. Needless to say, any raked areas should be restored to their original state before leaving site:
1619139022_redfin_patch_no_diggings_no_gully.jpg

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the grass is way to long at the moment but definitely going back later on.

Latest posts