Grandidierite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Grandidierite is in the top 10 rarest gemstones. Its very rare to find a stone that has no inclusions and the colours vary through the blue green scale. Its a interesting stone and its possible to use in jewellery. Heres a screenshot of more information and Ill reread this tomorrow once Im not so tired and see what Ive missed

1556199426_7a8af099-a686-4d36-81af-057dee03c1c0.jpg

Jaros said:
Give us a more general position. :(
Mt Stafford, west of Ti Tree WA (E of Yeundumu). I've worked out there, and it is remote to say the least. Mentioned here:

The behaviour of boron during LP/HT metamorphism of metapelites, Mt. Stafford, Central Australia
August 2006Geochmica et Cosmochimica Acta 70(18)

https://www.academia.edu/384094/Boromullite_Al9BSi2O19_a_New_Mineral_From_Granulite...
Boromullite, Al9BSi2O19, a New Mineral From Granulite-Facies Metapelites, Mount Stafford, Central Australia: a Natural Analogue of a Synthetic" Boron-Mullite"

As far as I know its main source is Madagascar and has been found also in Sri Lanka. Nothing has been found in Australia thats been recorded yet

Theduke said:
As far as I know its main source is Madagascar and has been found also in Sri Lanka. Nothing has been found in Australia thats been recorded yet
See above for Australian location. But yes, no gem grade production here.

Wonder if the boss would mind me going for a look Sunday if theres nothing happening here its only a couple hours drive down the road although Im thinking about going out looking for some shiny yellow stuff just up the road Sunday

Theduke said:
Wonder if the boss would mind me going for a look Sunday if theres nothing happening here its only a couple hours drive down the road although Im thinking about going out looking for some shiny yellow stuff just up the road Sunday

Sounds to me like The Tennant is close to you?

Latest posts