Rockerbox With Hand Operated Bilge Pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1618464491_24.jpg

Beautiful job 7.62Marksman, I love a bit of creativity. I like how you avoided the electric motor pump, and how your classifier sits in the top. Have a top day buddy. :trophy:

Well i hit the river about 8:30 still to high
Young Luke turned up about 9:00 and set up
Done about 6 buckets got some small (very small) bits to small to show up on the photos

1618636818_25.jpg

Set up and had a bit of a dig
Found one problem and fixed it there
Another problem but couldn't fix it there so will do it this week need some small riffles and a better spray for the water as there is to much in one spot

1618636950_26.jpg
1618636962_27.jpg

Luke at work once we worked out the sluce

1618637072_29.jpg
1618637083_30.jpg

Wish I'd been there mate...still not quite right though...thought you might need riffles in that set-up...when you first posted the pics those mats don't create much low pressure behind their little ribs without a good and even source of water flow over them...at least 3/8" for that size..so I have found early on in the day ;) the double action pump is what it needs .., and 2" would be the one more likely to give you the flow rate you'll need especially once you wack in some riffles...in which case you'd want around 1/2"inch of water running over them if their in the order of a 1/2" in themselves...been there and done that years ago running a banjo in the way of the old timers(and my Pop and Dad were old-timers of the first order and knew what they were on about...as I think you have seen in the pics the scoop dad was using through near on a gallon of water onto grate in one almighty SSSLLOOSHH...That's how they broke up the clayey bits and sent it pelting down the back plate and spew'n down the sluice!...old pop used to say "if'n yer want the bloody riffles ta' work good yer gotta send as much water over em.' as is how high they is'. :lol: :lol: anyway mate...food for thought! and a work in progress. :lol: :cool:
"

Latest posts