Any ideas on my find ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete_The_Prospector said:
Is the hallmark an actual hallmark, or initials, maybe the makers stamp or ID. I can't see the pic very good, I'm old ;)
yes its defo a stamp mark, could be the makers stamp or I.D, im not sure, but it has some initials beside it but that's been writing on in some language.. maybe il upload a better pic, that pic was taking thru a magnifying glass lol

If you could give us the details of the hallmarks that would help.
The letters, nubers and symbols can tell the maker, year it was made and quality of the metal it's made from.

Ramjet said:
The letters, nubers and symbols can tell the maker, year it was made and quality of the metal it's made from.
That's all the stamp marks on it, 925 and that symbol
1393761981_photo_5.png

well 925 is easy....
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by mass of silver and 7.5% by mass of other metals, usually copper. The sterling silver standard has a minimum millesimal fineness of 925

Shane said:
So cool nice find. What machine you using?
Garrett AT Gold, only just got it so very happy with its performance as there was lots of trash and iron and the Garrett picked it out nicely

Danmuss said:
Ramjet said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2527/1393761981_photo_5.png

Looks like it came directly from the North Pole, mark looks like santa's slay. :D Nordic perhaps, antler crest on top of a sword ? ?

Good luck tracking down the makers mark, most likely a boutique jeweller. The sort of thing I would buy the wife, unique and made by a craftsman. Great find.

Wally69 said:
Danmuss said:
Ramjet said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2527/1393761981_photo_5.png

Looks like it came directly from the North Pole, mark looks like santa's slay. :D Nordic perhaps, antler crest on top of a sword ? ?

Good luck tracking down the makers mark, most likely a boutique jeweller. The sort of thing I would buy the wife, unique and made by a craftsman. Great find.

I see what you mean santas slay haha.. Thanks mate it's a good find with interesting marks

Latest posts