Warwick .. SE Qld Electronic/Battery Operated sluicing BANNED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Interesting pick up from FB page, FYI .....

1617962747_faba8cfd-d7c3-4abe-bc0c-20e5d6c7ca68_1_201_a.jpg

1617962748_2b46982d-3591-4f7a-a262-abdb396a66b2_1_201_a.jpg

1617962748_6f63b315-1ddd-4ea1-a968-a1051e773a3e_1_201_a.jpg

No surprises there & something covered on here by our Qld brothers before.
I don't think anyone agrees with it but it is what it is - can't see it changing personally?

Again shows that social media is being monitored by Government Depts. & I doubt Tom, Dick + his mate enquiring about rules had much to do with it. More likely the numbnuts on Facebook spruiking about their activities! :N:

mbasko said:
No surprises there & something covered on here by our Qld brothers before.
I don't think anyone agrees with it but it is what it is - can't see it changing personally?

Again shows that social media is being monitored by Government Depts. & I doubt Tom, Dick + his mate enquiring about rules had much to do with it. More likely the numbnuts on Facebook spruiking about their activities! :N:

You could add the low compliance with illegally digging into stream banks to the decision.
Quite bit of that in Aussie U Tube videos, in the late 80s this was one thing that led to the ban on gold dredging in Victoria.

mbasko said:
More likely the numbnuts on Facebook spruiking about their activities! :N:

Know nothing about Qld (or NSW) regulations but thought it may have been of interest to Queenslanders.

Good to see we don't have "numbnuts" spruiking their activities here adding fuel to the fire .......

WA/Qld and to a lesser extent NSW (maybe just) seem to have the edge over Victoria when it comes to consistent larger nuggets BUT or regs seem to be a little more relaxed .... hope it stays that way.

Teemore said:
BUT or regs seem to be a little more relaxed .... hope it stays that way.
Outside of WA & VIC your up against it as a prospector, fossicker or even a small scale miner.
Silly rules/laws written by people with little to no understanding of what it's all about. A lot written or enforced to please greenies or big mining companies.
NSW has recently began enforcing that we need a permit for unmanaged Crown Land making things even harder for the average Joe. Many won't even realise the requirement until at their destination or approached by a Ranger.
They just keep making it harder & harder.
Fight for what you've got because IMO once it's gone it's gone for good.

In Victoria there are large areas of land that prospecting access is planned to be reduced in.
Take a look at Central West VEACC review, limits prospecting to the States Richest Nugget bearing ground.
Similar restrictions are planned for Eastern & North eastern mountain regions.

I can see Victoria coming down hard on High Banking at some stage, its been suggested before. :eek:

Yeah I hate to say it but it feels like the days are numbered, almost typical of modern culture.

Sadly theres no logic in forcing people to hand tools and certain small designated areas. The vast majority of activities are very low impact, nature just isnt so fragile as the regulations enforced suggest.

Housing, cities, floods, bushfires all make a few thousand prospectors almost insignificant.

What the real impact is dwindling tourism, loss of connection to places, forgotten history, and reallocation of resources.

At best the future holds pay to play, requiring small fortunes and mountains of paperwork to add to the public coffers and justification of public jobs.

The joy of no mobile phones with a bush telly getting a bit rugged for an extended time will only be read about in online articles in a generation or 2 if the elected zealots keep getting their own way, which isnt the average persons will as best as I can tell outside the city limits.

A mate of mine comes from a family that raised cattle in the Victorian High country, their stories are all that remains of a practice that was pressured into closure by govt departments for their own gain. If they force those that give a :poop: about an area out and interupt the traditions it never returns as best as I can tell. Replaced by idealogical "experts" trained by equally ill equipped "experts" that have no basis in research or scientific results, just opinions and self justification.

The result is watching undermanaged land and resources burnt to the ground, wildlife killed or displaced, and massive personal and public losses. These natural "experts" have never examined what is recorded from the early days of occupation, nor the information from the original occupants.

If they think these gold bearing areas are some "pristine" environments with "fragile" ecosystems and species they are factually completely deluded. Whole swathes of country was completely terra formed, and flood and fire got here a long time ago before climate change theory was coined. Understanding the results and watching natural systems has never been their basis for change, only self righteous cherry picked opinion to justify the changes.

Most of them could not explain lower canopy management or fringe forest areas if their jobs depended on it, let alone forest fire management! Too much time in front of words, no where near enough time seeing whats actually there and how an environment functions. Its mental how much disinformation is is regurgitated and propagated to the masses. Frankly, it makes me sick.

These departments are either naive to the point of incompetent, or deliberately peddling falsehoods to serve as proof of exclusion, whichever it is, its a blight on our society and how its come to function.

One day soon all the custodians will be pushed out and we will (already are) have to deal with the consequences. Even the climate change Boogeyman wont save us from whats coming.

Latest posts