Melting Furnace .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw a melting furnace on FB seems to good to be true . A$58.86 free shipping world wide . Can pay by Paypal . They are around A$500 on E-bay . www.inventionest.com Feel like buying one , even if I don't have a use for it at the moment !

I have ordered one before they are all sold out . I don't have any gold to melt but I have got some lead !

Pick up a 30 lt s/s beer keg in the street and sold it to a home brewer for $40 . So this furnace is going to cost me $18.86

It looks good buy I order one so I can make same fishing sinkers then you newer now one day may find same gold worth melting down :goldnugget:

Forget it,they only good for melting metal to 1000c you need close to 1200c,after that the crucible falls apart quick then your gold ends up on the element,and is another problem.
I bought a proper furnace from a company in NY,called a "Table top furnace" had it in week cost about $800 including freight,only problem had to buy 3000 w 230v to 120 v inverter which $120,so forget what you see,it will not melt your gold.

On the face of it it looks good. I'm not sure why he'd be holding an oxy/acetylene torch in his hand ;)

I bought this one about 2016/17 cant remember exactly
Was about $600 shipped from a bloke in melbourne took about a week to arrive
Draws lots of power and kept tripping my fuse box so now i run it off the generator and that works fine
I bought a few crucibles from overseas as they are heaps cheaper then here they took about 14 days to arrive

1618108095_img20210411122227.jpg

I bought a magnetic polisher back in the mid 90,when we shifted and the new house had earth leakage breakers,it would trip the them,so I had to get it rewound to solve the problem.
My sewerage pump break down,and I had the same problem,kept tripping the breaker,so sent it back,got another one that solved the problem.
There is a lot asian electrical gear that does not come up to standard,so that is it.
I bought furnace from china,the electronic controls broke,so I fitted a manual control,then the element started to break so after repairing it several times the problem still persisted, I tipped it.
I have a larger furnace from the US for 25 years no problems,still works great.
The US make good furnaces.

These are the best crucibles do not crumble.

http://www.candce.com.au/index.php/...ander-clay-graphite-crucibles-detail?Itemid=0

thedigger said:
I bought a magnetic polisher back in the mid 90,when we shifted and the new house had earth leakage breakers,it would trip the them,so I had to get it rewound to solve the problem.
My sewerage pump break down,and I had the same problem,kept tripping the breaker,so sent it back,got another one that solved the problem.
There is a lot asian electrical gear that does not come up to standard,so that is it.
I bought furnace from china,the electronic controls broke,so I fitted a manual control,then the element started to break so after repairing it several times the problem still persisted, I tipped it.
I have a larger furnace from the US for 25 years no problems,still works great.
The US make good furnaces.

These are the best crucibles do not crumble.

http://www.candce.com.au/index.php/...ander-clay-graphite-crucibles-detail?Itemid=0

Do they sell small lots (ie just a couple of the smaller sizes ) to the general public? I only need a couple and a couple of moulds.

I have bought one from china also but wasnt real happy with the quality. after the first use the graphite largely dissappeared :/ I think it was dipped in grapihite and wiped on rather than made out of graphite clay. Ill take a pic of it later and post it up here.

Hello Jethro, Here is the crucibles, I have used them quite a few times no problems.
I put the little cut to help with pouring,but I am going to that again.

qDQwqDwl.jpg

Here is the table top oven along side the 230 to 120v step down transformer,it draws 750 watts and heats very quick,the temp is set in Fahrenheit.

caCH3NUl.jpg

Latest posts