Golden Triangle Victoria weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need to know is the following good weather for detecting:

Sunday 11 April
SummaryMin 7Max 14Cloudy.Chance of any rain: 20%
North Central area
Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the east, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 800 metres. Possible hail in the east in the morning. Winds southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 9 and 15.

Sun protection recommended from 10:20 am to 2:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

Monday 12 April
SummaryMin 4Max 17Partly cloudy.Chance of any rain: 0%
North Central area
Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the east. Winds south to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 17.

would this be ok im keen on going there both sunday and monday

yeah i think sunday will be cloudy as and cold but sometimes a tad windy and maybe a little spot of drizzle to pass through quick. I dont mind the cold its the wind that bugs me. Monday is looking very good and comfortable weather a tad warmer and less windy light little breeze perfect.

I think normally this time of year you are getting into the nice autumn weather and with cool temps and crisp and light breezy days.

To me now till june is the best time of year to detect in the maryborough areas.

need to know

1618034649_screenshot_20210410-160301.jpg

How close in kms please. I feel sunday will be very shoddy weather and a gather around the heater at the pub sort of day. Monday though is looking the goods and nice conditions to be out doors. Today in melbourne is terrible its like a really bitter winters day cold as only 12 degrees and cold and windy not much in the way of rain though but really cold.

Mate get out there and get into it, it's Autumn and bugger all snow falls in Maryborough, yes it will be cool/cold and that beats the heat any day detecting. Autumn is the optimum weather for prospecting so pack your bags and have fun :Y: take a billy, fry pan, snags bread and sauce and knock yourself out with a memorable day in the bush :beer:

Actually thinking the same thing, without being too harsh just go mate. If you have the time and equipment the rest is a bit incidental.

Grab a jumper and jacket, long pants and maybe throw a lighter or matches in. Theres been little rain recently so access should be top notch.

Make sure the equipment is good, batteries charged etc and enjoy the covid free movement outdoors :Y: .

Digging a few holes will soon take the chill out of you. Best of luck mate.

Latest posts