Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After this season I'll spend some more time removing all the corrosion pits to improve the look.
In the meantime will put them to use knocking up a few campfire meals when we get away at the end of next month.
They both have a razor sharp blades.

1616982804_20210329_093003.jpg

May have posted this years ago, however here is a rerun. Another find when getting everything together for 2021.
Fabricated this "Bead Breaker" to help with the numerous punctures we get and repair somewhere out there in the bush.
Still use it to this day, sure saves a lot of sweat and tears.
The below PDF's shows the actual sizes I drew up after fabrication.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/1414/1617325655_bead_breaker.pdf

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/1414/1617325692_bead_breaker2.pdf

Nightjar said:
May have posted this years ago, however here is a rerun. Another find when getting everything together for 2021.
Fabricated this "Bead Breaker" to help with the numerous punctures we get and repair somewhere out there in the bush.
Still use it to this day, sure saves a lot of sweat and tears.
The below PDF's shows the actual sizes I drew up after fabrication.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/1414/1617325655_bead_breaker.pdf

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/1414/1617325692_bead_breaker2.pdf

Very well done but of course most people don't have the knowledge to use it. You end up taking on a lot of other peoples problems :lol:
Somebody when ahead and produced a variation of this for sale some time back. I never got a look at one because since we have tubeless tyres and plugs most punctures are sorted out on the vehicle.

Didn't build/make it today, this was a a lengthy project back in the 90's putting together a generator for our bush camp.
Scavenged around scrap yards and the like and found a Yanmar engine, 3 kva and a 1.5kva generator and accessories.
Starting from scratch built the machine so the main generator was the 3kva and a simple belt change brought in the 1.5kva into service if the other failed. (It did once, threw the windings, very helpful auto shop repaired it under fusion policy ($0.0) ;) Also a 12V alternator is in amongst it. Also a means of battery charging.
Overhauled the Yanmar, rings, big ends, gaskets and seals.
Managed to find a flywheel ring gear and starter motor and converted it to electric start.
We built a little shed and concreted the floor and bolted the genny down.
Dug a trench by hand (toughest job of all) from shed to camp and ran some wire we picked up from a mining camp dump. :playful:
Mate was a electrician, he wired the camp.
We can light up the camp like a Christmas tree and have a couple of battery chargers to top up the batteries if required, two home fridge/freezers (We have both the freezers packed with bottles of water so the fridges act like ice boxes when genny not running. (Keeps the beer cold.
:playful:
This old banger starts first kick and has served us well for all these years and we have recouped the massive outlay (about $500.00) hundred of times over with gold.

1617350105_generator.jpg

1617350206_19.pipeline_tavern_powerhouse.jpg

Well yesterday i made crevicing tools for one of my customers apparently he cant get them so let me know what you think, be nice lol
made them in various sizes : 200 mil 300 mil 400 mil and he wanted some 500 mil tips are made vertical and horizontal in all sizes ,the last pic is a double ender and the bends are at right angles to each other so when your scraping with one end the other is to the side .PP

1617911939_20210226_160325.jpg

1617911966_20210227_135525.jpg

1617911979_20210227_135532.jpg

1617911999_20210227_135741.jpg

1617912012_20210304_093758.jpg

They look the part Mr PP

Would be great for pulling opal out of the wall :D

Been looking at similar one's on eBay but they don't look very strong

Yours looks like they would last for years to come

Well done :clap:

Nice Pa... that Blitz reminds me of my time in Darwin in the 70s when I drove one converted into a cattle truck for rounding up scrub bulls. Not too refined with the crash gearbox and all, but could go anywhere... :power:

OzzieAu said:
Nice Pa... that Blitz reminds me of my time in Darwin in the 70s when I drove one converted into a cattle truck for rounding up scrub bulls. Not too refined with the crash gearbox and all, but could go anywhere... :power:
They were certainly a tough vehicle put to lots of different uses, made by both Chevrolet and Ford as part of the war effort.

Latest posts