Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Not me but Kate, never take your wife to a clearing sale :argh: nah truth is it's a bloody ripper :perfect: :heart:

Original Internstional D1310, 4 wheel drive set up as a fire fighting unit :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1616043486_img_20210318_152209.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1616043499_img_20210318_152256.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1616043518_img_20210318_152402.jpg

Everything is in working order :Y: the clearing sale is at Boorala which is the property Clancy is moving to. The truck will stay there until I can sort out the best way to get it home, should come up a treat restored :perfect:

RM, if it's roadworthy and you haven't got too far to go perhaps you can get a permit to drive it. Here it costs less than $30 for 48 hrs. We can even travel interstate with an unregistered vehicle on a permit.

Rockhunter62 said:
Nice looking tyre mate.
I got 5 of these on special for $290 each 265/75 for the Rodeo.
Yours were a good price.
1616444021_screenshot_20210323-060500_google_copy_1024x2105.jpg

I just bought 2 of these 12v Electric Blankets for use in the Van on winter nights My Sleeping Bags are way OTT and it is impossible to get cold in them But some nights all you need is a light Blanket and these having 3 heat levels will come in hand on cool nights,

The good thing about these is they are only 45w and have a 45 minute Timer so they are only going to chew 33.75w and then it shuts off and from one of my little lithium pack it will only chew about 2.6Ah Per Night.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WQSPD4V?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

I tried out one of these 12v blankets last night, At the 40 minute mark of its cycle I got in to bed and it did not feel very warm to the touch but within seconds of laying down I noticed the heat coming through so I switched it back on and sure enough the heat was there within a couple of minutes and I fell asleep within 20 minutes I was awake because I was roasting baring in mind I had opened the windows so it was only 13*c in the room,

All up I am impressed with how well they work and how little power they draw and they would be a great addition to any Caravan or Camper or Swag on winter nights.

Ridge Runner said:
I tried out one of these 12v blankets last night, At the 40 minute mark of its cycle I got in to bed and it did not feel very warm to the touch but within seconds of laying down I noticed the heat coming through so I switched it back on and sure enough the heat was there within a couple of minutes and I fell asleep within 20 minutes I was awake because I was roasting baring in mind I had opened the windows so it was only 13*c in the room,

All up I am impressed with how well they work and how little power they draw and they would be a great addition to any Caravan or Camper or Swag on winter nights.
It'd be nice if they were in stock :) :) :) :)
From your link
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

bicter said:
Ridge Runner said:

It'd be nice if they were in stock :) :) :) :)
From your link
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Well mate if you want some I will find them elsewhere and send em to you if you want em. No Probs. :Y:

Oh and they were about 18 to 21 bucks each.

Yes and I thought the 18v Heated Jackets were great, Now this.. :eek: but I noticed the 40v battery... Hope they interchange with the normal 18v Makita stuff tho..

When I saw the Toastie maker I thought of You Ridge Runner... :playful: :lol: have you seen the 18v heated jackets? Quite a few available on the market here now...

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Yes and I thought the 18v Heated Jackets were great, Now this.. :eek: but I noticed the 40v battery... Hope they interchange with the normal 18v Makita stuff tho..

When I saw the Toastie maker I thought of You Ridge Runner... :playful: :lol: have you seen the 18v heated jackets? Quite a few available on the market here now...

LW...

Yeah might get one, gonna shave my head first so I can stick the solar panel in top to Charge It, :playful: :playful: :playful:

I got heated Mitts, :Y:

Heated Mittens..... :eek: OMG you lucky Kitten.... I want some.... :)...

Goes back to the New nursery rhyme.... About a Kitten who lost his Mittens... :lol:

btw the jackets use a 12v or 18v battery, so no need to look like a skin head... {) :lol:

Makita, Dewalt, and a few others have had them out for a few years now... :Y:

Might get some of these... USB Charged.. And only $20 :) Need to find some waterproof ones for digging in the creeks in Winter... :D
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2243600...6820&msclkid=07d3c130ff901b51a228a155370814cb

LW

Nice little place you got there RM. Fish the surf at the Honeysuckles a bit. Plenty of mozzies to keep you on your toes when your there. A lot of hog deer around there too which are pretty cool to see if your lucky enough to spot one.

LoneWolf said:
Heated Mittens..... :eek: OMG you lucky Kitten.... I want some.... :)...

Goes back to the New nursery rhyme.... About a Kitten who lost his Mittens... :lol:

btw the jackets use a 12v or 18v battery, so no need to look like a skin head... {) :lol:

Makita, Dewalt, and a few others have had them out for a few years now... :Y:

Might get some of these... USB Charged.. And only $20 :) Need to find some waterproof ones for digging in the creeks in Winter... :D
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2243600...6820&msclkid=07d3c130ff901b51a228a155370814cb

LW

Could be a shocking experience. Perhaps you can get an electric chair to put under a tree at morning tea time :lol:

Electrostatically attracting Gold.

Hmmmm.

Just could see Prospecters with a 2kva alternator plugged into a set of gloves. LOL

That would be interesting to see the results. LOL

Just received one of these waterproof fleeces today.

Succumed to a FB advert and am glad I did. I enjoy winter prospecting and where I go It's often cold and damp, sometimes with snow.

Fleece fits well and has a nice length, so it won't ride up over your arse. Quality of zips and stitching is very good and I reckon it is good value. I got the black one because these days it's good to maintain a low profile when prospecting.

https://www.tradiesworkwearshop.com.au/products/bad-waterproof-rain-defend-hi-vis-fleece-hoodie