Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1617922312_rps20210409_083703_compress23.jpg

Just thought this might be a good spot for this..... from the forum rules!

Near fell over backwards when i picked up that 6 today,i wasn't expecting it to be that light,ya won't need a bungee with the 11 on it,so well balanced it feels like a featherweight,walked about with it for ten or 15 minutes,rubbish everywhere and powerlines so i got no take on what it can or can't do at all.
Think it will be a great prospecting machine,a mate was there who has the 3 allready(sdc,gpx,gpz)he wasn't that keen but said it's that light after trying it
he'd be stupid not to consider it for patching in the west...

Goldchaser1 said:
Near fell over backwards when i picked up that 6 today,i wasn't expecting it to be that light,ya won't need a bungee with the 11 on it,so well balanced it feels like a featherweight,walked about with it for ten or 15 minutes,rubbish everywhere and powerlines so i got no take on what it can or can't do at all.
Think it will be a great prospecting machine,a mate was there who has the 3 allready(sdc,gpx,gpz)he wasn't that keen but said it's that light after trying it

How did you get your hands on one? I was told by The Prospectors Pick on Tuesday that it's not going to be released until some time in May.

Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:

How did you get your hands on one? I was told by The Prospectors Pick on Tuesday that it's not going to be released until some time in May.

Dry blower demo day in coolgardie MB,they had one out there,where were ya :) [video=480,360]https://youtu.be/tcRyx4iC3IA[/video]

Goldchaser1 said:
Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Dry blower demo day in coolgardie MB,they had one out there,where were ya :) [video=480,360]https://youtu.be/tcRyx4iC3IA[/video]

Digging a trench, laying pipes, mounting a sink.....you know, just another day here :8

Goldchaser1 said:
Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Awesome mate! Much appreciated. The lightness excites me no end!!

Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:

I was told towards end of April. Who knows??!!!

Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Digging a trench, laying pipes, mounting a sink.....you know, just another day here :8

Roger,weathers turning its nearly time to put the tools down,ive used this summer for a few reno's,all our gear (car,camper quad)has just got a going over,let us know how ya go with it....
Kingswood just by my brief look with the 11 on it i think ya shoulders will appreciated it,they said today 2-3weeks,which puts it into may i reckon anyway like MB said,where up the pilbara for near 2 months come mid june and i'm lookin foward to having it up there,even if the 17" is late to arrive i won't be bothered,the 11 will be fine amongst the spinafex,the weight and balance will be a benefit up in that country thats for sure.....

Goldchaser1 said:
Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Roger,weathers turning its nearly time to put the tools down,ive used this summer for a few reno's,all our gear (car,camper quad)has just got a going over,let us know how ya go with it....
Kingswood just by my brief look with the 11 on it i think ya shoulders will appreciated it,they said today 2-3weeks,which puts it into may i reckon anyway like MB said,where up the pilbara for near 2 months come mid june and i'm lookin foward to having it up there,even if the 17" is late to arrive i won't be bothered,the 11 will be fine amongst the spinafex,the weight and balance will be a benefit up in that country thats for sure.....
Fantastic thanks mate! valuable info on weight :)
I was advised yesterday end of april so will see how that pans out.

I like the lighter weight side of the design, it's certainly a huge plus for those that aren't in top condition physically anymore.

As for the rest, I guess time will certainly tell -as with all these newer models that come along.

We must be down to weeks away now so a bit more patience and we'll definitely know what's what. :Y:

Cheers,
Shauno

1618130845_208f61e3-a7e0-4db7-b5d8-250f463d4912.jpg

Had another squizz at that 6 yesty,the wife wanted to have a look at it,while we where there the subject of covers came up,tried a cuppla of different gpz ones on it and this basic style one from DD is not a bad fit at all,the speakers not covered but i grabbed one,it will definetly do the job for a while until someone starts making them....

I've done foam and tape, vinyl and cloth tape, what ever was around, all worked well :)

I'm sure there will be something come out either with the detectors release or shortly after.

G'day

The amount of times I have heard that this detector is better than that detector and so on makes me want to puke, and more specifically those who claim their detector is far better than any on else's machine are just amateurs in this game as only an amateur would make a blanket statement like that one, those who have been around long enough will also know from experience in the field and using many models of detectors that even the the very same model detector in the hands of different operators working the same areas can and will often produce different results as far as gold finds go.

Every detector I have owned and used needed time to learn to use effectively, and also demonstrated to me that all is not equal with them, there are even in the very same models produced around the same time that have variations in their capabilities and some will just perform better than others, like detectors the operators are all different as well with different capabilities like hearing condition and also concentration span to name a couple of things so all is not equal in that equation either.

For instance the statement that a Gpz7000 can find the smallest gold even smaller than what the Sdc2300 can find is in my opinion and actual on the ground experience a load of bulldust, as I have personally pulled dozens of shallow and very very small nuggets out of a spot that was worked over by 4500's, 5000's, 2300's and then chained by an experienced operator using a Gpz7000, then chained again by some white ants that found the place after us, if that statement was correct then that gold would not have been left behind, we literally found thousands of tiny shot like nuggets over this area so we were knew the place very well.

All models of these detectors have some advantage over other models on different types of gold, I don't believe and have never seen the proof that one detector will do everything that's just not plausible, as there are two many variables as far as gold goes, but of course if you only use the one detector and get some gold then that's the reason you would become one eyed about your machines capabilities, but as I use several different detectors per trip then I know that what will get the gold in one place will miss it in another, so if you are only using the one machine you will definitely be missing gold somewhere.

The Gpx6000 will of course have its own advantages but as yet without trying it out its still an unknown as far as most of us are concerned, but like all other detectors its going to have its strengths and weaknesses too I would think, but if its capable of small gold like the sdc and gpz and can ping the deeper bits like the gpx's then it will be closer to us being able to only carry the one detector, and more suitable as most people who would be happy with the performance and the added advantage of less weight to swing which in itself is a huge factor for some people as well.

cheers

stayyerAU

SteveG said:
maldongold said:
davent said:
Catching sardines will lead you to catching salmon.
If you were covering ground, no signals and no gold, you just keep walking. If you find a small bit, then another, you then know there is gold where you are, you slow down and start detecting properly. The 6K will be a patch finder for sure.
It will detect good pieces at depth.
I saw a video that a tester made. He found 11 very small bits, 7!which the zed did not see. They put some time in, the zed got a good signal, and the 6K also got it. With the 11 mono v the 15 zed coil. It was a 7 gram bit. The zed got a better response. The point is, if the 6 K didnt get the 1st small bit, then none of the other bits would have been recovered. This video I saw was the 1st and only time this tester used it, so he was using it at a very basic level.

Wise words,this going to be the ultimate patch finder in new country.People need to see the the bigger picture.
Tunnel vision, concentrating on only one aspect is rife on the subject of the X6. :pickshovel:

No, the GPZ is a better detector. The only advantage the 6000 has over the 7000 is weight.
Ok the gpz is a better detector.Sheez are you happy now.Lol.

Yeah didn't think of that,thin foam would be ok,bubble wrap i'd probably end up sittin in the bush popping it like a kid during smoko breaks.
The canvass covers are good though,they've kept our gear safe from wear and abuse pretty well over the years....

diggit said:
I'm waiting for the GPZ8000 to arrive in Spring

:lol: :lol:

Yep, that's why Minelab have two patents that look the same, one is for the 6000 and the other is for the gpz 8000 which will be in the same housing as the 6000, so looks like it will be better balanced compared to the gpz 7000.

The software updates will be via the coil plug, that's why there's 12 pins, using a cable with a usb on the other end.

All speculation of course ;)

Latest posts