Grabben Gullen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been down at GG for a day and a half with only a few zircons and 4 small sapphires to show for it. I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon but am planning to spend my day tomorrow in the creek again before I shoot off.

Does anyone have any sly tips they might be able to offer me?

I know Kotolos killed it here last week so I was hoping to ask him, but he's not been back online since Wednesday so no joy for me there haha

I'm not wanting secret spots etc, just advice more in terms of which wash layer i should be targeting, how deep i should be (a few spots I've gone right down to clay with only small spinels to show for it)

Cheers to any that might be able to help me out!
Dan

That's not a bad return for your first time out. There is no substitute for time on the creek for working out a location.

At GG spinels are an indicator, so.look out for locations/layers with spinels.

1618018728_16180187034433094839892963388472.jpg

Thought I'd post what I managed to pull out while I was down there. 8 bits of sapphire (the two decent sizes both bombs) 10 small bits of something olive coloured, a heap of clear quartz chunks (a couple of possible zircons i have to check) and some good sized spinels.

Will definitely be back down to try my luck and hopefully find better results!

Cheers
Dan

1618060093_0cda6e1a-188d-4e78-89b1-9890c4c00cad.jpg

Sorry,not a very good photo but interested to know if anybody knows what the olive coloured stones are.I found quite a few of them myself.I was told by a guy out there that they were green sapphire but not too sure about that.Olivine maybe?

Corset and suspenders ;) :8 :rainbow:

Ahh sorry didnt see your email in time, this account is with my secondary email which I seldom check,
I sent you a text message.

As Mackka said, research, took alot of research and going there practicing finding nothing to learn, although, message me on txt and I'll be happy to answer your Q's and let you know around the area of the creek I dig and found those sapphires :D