You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Ridge Runner
04 April 2021 07:12 am

Although I agree with some of what you say about being forced to have it etc, But when it comes to care homes and shopping centres and the likes, What about the people who work there what about their right when it comes to not wanting to be around people who are not vaccinated who could easily be sick thinking they had the start of the flu or a cold, Then there is all the extra work involved in someone who is infected goes there where the whole building has to fumigated and cleaned, ready for the next infected person to come in,

There is No Right or Wrong with this question, Do we say NO because of what we want and think we have a right Too or Do we say Yes for the sake of others, We also have to remember that some of those others could be our own family, Are we ready to except that we could catch covid and give it to our loved ones with the possibility of taking the lives of the ones we bought in to this world,

The more you look in to this the worse it gets, What ever a person decides there is no right or wrong no matter if you are a Believer or in the Against Camp and the more you look in to it too deeply the more confusing it gets, A lot of it boils down to do you trust those that are leading the country and are their advisors being up front with you as a whole, I felt that they were shooting straight which is why I had it, When they are being open and honest it makes the decision making a lot easier, But when they blow hot and cold that makes it really tough.

The only thing any of you can do is pull back away from these threads and anyone with an opinion and take ya self off on you own and make your choice based on your honest feelings about it and Not based on your anger because of the ramblings of others, But what ever you do, do it for you and your family.

J.

AKA, Fridge Runner.... Ted Bullpit for PM

bumdags
04 April 2021 08:46 am

StayyerAU wrote:

G'day

I am on the fence as far as getting the vaccine, firstly I have concerns that there could be long term effects that we don't yet know about, the other is mainly due to the amount of mis-information that has been pumped out by the so called experts and other wannabees like news presenters that are telling people that they should do the right thing and get the jab, these people have no right to be touting it as safe for all when we don't know this as a fact as yet?

Further to this, if you get the jab then you are only protecting yourself, I heard a nurse on the news who got the jab say she had it to protect her family but that is incorrect as getting the jab will not make you immune to getting and carrying the virus so you could still pass it on to others, my concern there is that people will just go back to business as usual with the false idea that they are safe and safe to be around others, that is also incorrect.

My wife is in the medical profession and in no hurry to get the vaccine either, also she is concerned about that being allergic to penicillin and if the vaccine will have bad effect on her?, and neither are some of the doctors in her work, they are concerned as well and they know a hell of a lot more than I do about these things, the vaccine is not safe for everyone as we have heard there have been bad reactions for some, those who have had it with no initial reaction may experience issues down the track that we don't yet know about.

They are also saying that although they wont make it compulsory but they will force people such as health workers to get it or they cant work, and in time they will make laws to also make life difficult for those who don't want to have it, like not being able to fly and probably stop them from using public transport and entering public places and shopping centers and so forth just to force them to comply, so in the end we will all be bullied into submission probably, but hopefully enough time has passed so we have better choices rather than taking what I believed were rushed onto the market vaccines and have a better idea as to whether there are long term effects or not.

I am always suspicious when government and officials try too hard to convince us that we should be doing something, history has shown us that we should be wary when we see this going on, and as far as I know we are living in a democracy so we are supposed to have the right to choose either way, if they try force us to do something then they are no better than the governments of the likes of China, Russia and North Korea who they constantly bag for their oppression, talk about being hypocritical, if people don't want to have the vaccine for many and varied reasons then they should have the right to refuse without repercussions and if you want to have it then you also have the freedom of choice to do so as well.

cheers

stayyerAU

Well put my friend. My concerns exactly. It is such a false sense of security and when the masses get the jab and think they cant spread it they will spread it to every corner. There is no need for Australia to rush into the jab. We are lucky enough to have a good handle on the situation. And there has been many positives come out of this horrible pandemic so i think we should just stay fighting it the way we are until a proper effective vaccine has been produced and tested long-term beer

3 users like this post: StoneTheCrows, silver, LoneWolf

PabloP
04 April 2021 12:11 pm

I had my first jab Tuesday last week. The actual jab was a non-event and no sign of any after-effects at all.

Having said that the rigamarole involved in getting it was a pain in the butt, mainly due to bugs in the HotDoc application that the place used for all its appointments.

One very elderly lady (must be really old as I am 80 next year) came in while I was waiting for the 15 minutes after the jab, asking if she could make an appointment. To cut a long story short, she doesn't have a computer or a mobile phone, and using HotDoc was the only way that they would accept appointments. As she walked past me on the way out, clearly upset, I almost offered to help, but I still had ten minutes of wait time and she was gone before I got out. Some places like this have missed the boat when it comes to caring for their patients.

Rob P.

SDC 2300, Xterra 705, GPZ 7000

3 users like this post: Ridge Runner, silver, LoneWolf

StoneTheCrows
04 April 2021 01:42 pm

Agree totally with you Stayer
Have zero confidence in our Government and zero confidence in the "Experts" who keep touting it is safe
The best thing is to do what you are comfortable with.
Just wish some would not try to ram it down our throat when they have not a clue whether it is good or bad.
Having an opinion is great just don't push it on everyone else

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

silver
04 April 2021 01:50 pm

Ridge Runner wrote:

Although I agree with some of what you say about being forced to have it etc, But when it comes to care homes and shopping centres and the likes, What about the people who work there what about their right when it comes to not wanting to be around people who are not vaccinated who could easily be sick thinking they had the start of the flu or a cold, Then there is all the extra work involved in someone who is infected goes there where the whole building has to fumigated and cleaned, ready for the next infected person to come in,

There is No Right or Wrong with this question, Do we say NO because of what we want and think we have a right Too or Do we say Yes for the sake of others, We also have to remember that some of those others could be our own family, Are we ready to except that we could catch covid and give it to our loved ones with the possibility of taking the lives of the ones we bought in to this world,

The more you look in to this the worse it gets, What ever a person decides there is no right or wrong no matter if you are a Believer or in the Against Camp and the more you look in to it too deeply the more confusing it gets, A lot of it boils down to do you trust those that are leading the country and are their advisors being up front with you as a whole, I felt that they were shooting straight which is why I had it, When they are being open and honest it makes the decision making a lot easier, But when they blow hot and cold that makes it really tough.

The only thing any of you can do is pull back away from these threads and anyone with an opinion and take ya self off on you own and make your choice based on your honest feelings about it and Not based on your anger because of the ramblings of others, But what ever you do, do it for you and your family.

J.

Your missing the point RR.... the vaccine will not stop you from carrying the virus to others. The vaccine is not a be all end all shield of protection, it may help protect you from getting a bad reaction to the virus personally..... but that's where it's protection ends, you can still carry it around to other people even when you are fully vaccinated . You must refrain from telling others to back away from these thresds. hmm if they don't happen to think like you do. big_smile

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: JoseyPark62

silver
04 April 2021 02:07 pm

You really needs both sides from all camps as time moves forwards to be able to fathom reality in a clearer perspective.
It's not popular consensus through weeding out all other ideologies that lights the way to saving lives.... that'd be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
All thoughts are relative.

1 user likes this post: JoseyPark62

Ridge Runner
04 April 2021 02:27 pm

silver wrote:

Your missing the point RR.... the vaccine will not stop you from carrying the virus to others. The vaccine is not a be all end all shield of protection, it may help protect you from getting a bad reaction to the virus personally..... but that's where it's protection ends, you can still carry it around to other people even when you are fully vaccinated . You must refrain from telling others to back away from these thresds. hmm if they don't happen to think like you do. big_smile

No you are misreading what I said, When I said about backing away from these threads that was in reference to them having peace and quiet while they think about making their choice, It has nothing to do with how people think, The reason to take time out is so many people have so many different views it can become confusing and add to the problem.

As for the protection it offers yes it does limit the level of sickness and yes you can still catch it but over here they have found that in most cases it has stopped people from catching covid all together " Not in All cases".

Here's the latest facts about the AZ Jab of the UK Only. 18,000,000 have had the AZ jab, and there has been 30 case where people have had a reaction, 7 died, Out of 18,000,000 that is equal to 0.0000388885% fatality, with a success rate of 99.9999%

31,301,267 have had the first jab, and over 4,948,635 have had the second Jab with over 59.4% of the Adult population been Vaccinated. But it does not matter what they do because it is never going to suit every person in the Country and there has never been a Vaccine in history that has had a 100% Success rate without it not being suitable for some people, So that is never going to happen.

silver
04 April 2021 04:54 pm

Ridge Runner wrote:
silver wrote:

No you are misreading what I said, When I said about backing away from these threads that was in reference to them having peace and quiet while they think about making their choice, It has nothing to do with how people think, The reason to take time out is so many people have so many different views it can become confusing and add to the problem.

As for the protection it offers yes it does limit the level of sickness and yes you can still catch it but over here they have found that in most cases it has stopped people from catching covid all together " Not in All cases".

Here's the latest facts about the AZ Jab of the UK Only. 18,000,000 have had the AZ jab, and there has been 30 case where people have had a reaction, 7 died, Out of 18,000,000 that is equal to 0.0000388885% fatality, with a success rate of 99.9999%

31,301,267 have had the first jab, and over 4,948,635 have had the second Jab with over 59.4% of the Adult population been Vaccinated. But it does not matter what they do because it is never going to suit every person in the Country and there has never been a Vaccine in history that has had a 100% Success rate without it not being suitable for some people, So that is never going to happen.

You mustn't have made yourself clear then big_smile at any rate it's still passed on by people who have been vacinated, and that's going to be the worst of it all. We can see a mile away what they are planning to do regards opening up to tourism as soon as they can.... no amount of vaccination has slowed down any flu's or colds in the past (lockdown has been a winner there) but if we allow them to let this one run rampant it will sweep away anyone not capable to fit in and bear the weight of society (even if they have been vaccinated) in the future. Be like the end key for survival of the fittest.... except.... once they decide to let it go and it mutates away into its second nastiest form it will not be stopped. People are beginning to forget what it is.... and what it's not.... and it's not a flu that's a fact

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, LoneWolf

Ridge Runner
04 April 2021 11:42 pm

silver wrote:

You mustn't have made yourself clear then big_smile at any rate it's still passed on by people who have been vacinated, and that's going to be the worst of it all. We can see a mile away what they are planning to do regards opening up to tourism as soon as they can.... no amount of vaccination has slowed down any flu's or colds in the past (lockdown has been a winner there) but if we allow them to let this one run rampant it will sweep away anyone not capable to fit in and bear the weight of society (even if they have been vaccinated) in the future. Be like the end key for survival of the fittest.... except.... once they decide to let it go and it mutates away into its second nastiest form it will not be stopped. People are beginning to forget what it is.... and what it's not.... and it's not a flu that's a fact

A Doctor on the BBC News Channel has just said the Vaccines are stopping people from getting Covid and it also has massively reduce people from becoming carriers of Covid as well, As soon as they post the report I will find it for you.

Which seems to echo what I was saying last week or so, But it seems to be stopping the spread of it, As of yet I would like to see more proof that it does stop people from becoming carriers along with them becoming Immune to catching it, But So far thats what appears to be happening. whether it is fact or luck are two different things, But it seems to be working like that.

Last edited by Ridge Runner (04 April 2021 11:44 pm)

silver
05 April 2021 12:41 am

Lets hope that new Brazilian strain doesn't get out, they said on nine news that even having had covid before gives you no immunity to it.
Killing the young and healthy over there... 3000 a day it said)

on a different note...
Gets back to them never acknowledging that having had covid confers immunity on a person.... obviously it would if you survived it.
Makes you still wonder why they would not check for natural antibodies in a person before wasting a vaccine on them (maybe it's cheaper to give it than to do the test).

Last edited by silver (05 April 2021 12:55 am)

hippyhunter
05 April 2021 01:42 am

Drug companies are well known for giving incentives (bribing) doctors to prescribe their brand of medicine. Its not inconcievable that they would offer an incentive (bribe) to a doctor to publicly state that their drug is great. Its not inconcievable that a doctor would accept a large bribe to do such a thing. I wouldn't take a doctors word as true, just because he is a doctor. Im sure there shady doctors out there same as shady cops and shady politicians (the worst type of shady). lol

1 user likes this post: jahan

Ridge Runner
05 April 2021 03:43 am

silver wrote:

Lets hope that new Brazilian strain doesn't get out, they said on nine news that even having had covid before gives you no immunity to it.
Killing the young and healthy over there... 3000 a day it said)

on a different note...
Gets back to them never acknowledging that having had covid confers immunity on a person.... obviously it would if you survived it.
Makes you still wonder why they would not check for natural antibodies in a person before wasting a vaccine on them (maybe it's cheaper to give it than to do the test).

They found a case of the Brazilian variant over here in the past 2 days So some how it got in be it by a person or imported Goods ?? Not Good. mad mad

Last edited by Ridge Runner (05 April 2021 03:44 am)

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

StayyerAU
05 April 2021 04:30 am

Ridge Runner wrote:

J.

Gday

The message that is not being put out there, is just having the vaccine does not make you immune to getting the virus, so in reality it will not stop you from carrying and spreading the virus to others, it will only lessen the effect of the virus on the individual who gets vaccinated, so unless people still keep up the social distancing and good hygiene practices and so forth then it could very well make things worse as some people will just go about business as usual like they did in pre-pandemic days and this could lead to further outbreaks in otherwise previously not so badly effected areas, and as the borders are opened and people resume overseas travel again then we may find outbreaks of other strains even effecting those vaccinated, as we have heard on the news there are also mutated strains around as well and just like the influenza vaccines that are changed yearly the covid vaccine will have to be updated as well to cover more strains of it, so this will probably go on for many more years to come.

Like I said I am not against the vaccination but also not for it either in light of not being convinced that it is the answer to the current problem, and I don't believe its the complete answer to it all, it still has to be used in conjunction with all the other preventative measures we have seen during all this, but the correct information about the limits of the covid vaccine has to be put out there and the population properly educated about it not stopping the virus in its tracks as some people seem to think.

cheers

stayyerAU

Ridge Runner
05 April 2021 05:19 am

StayyerAU wrote:

Gday

The message that is not being put out there, is just having the vaccine does not make you immune to getting the virus, so in reality it will not stop you from carrying and spreading the virus to others, it will only lessen the effect of the virus on the individual who gets vaccinated, so unless people still keep up the social distancing and good hygiene practices and so forth then it could very well make things worse as some people will just go about business as usual like they did in pre-pandemic days and this could lead to further outbreaks in otherwise previously not so badly effected areas, and as the borders are opened and people resume overseas travel again then we may find outbreaks of other strains even effecting those vaccinated, as we have heard on the news there are also mutated strains around as well and just like the influenza vaccines that are changed yearly the covid vaccine will have to be updated as well to cover more strains of it, so this will probably go on for many more years to come.

Like I said I am not against the vaccination but also not for it either in light of not being convinced that it is the answer to the current problem, and I don't believe its the complete answer to it all, it still has to be used in conjunction with all the other preventative measures we have seen during all this, but the correct information about the limits of the covid vaccine has to be put out there and the population properly educated about it not stopping the virus in its tracks as some people seem to think.

cheers

stayyerAU

I also posted that they have found evidence that it also stops you from getting the Virus and also that it stops you from spreading the Virus, This has yet to be confirmed, But even with it's 99.9999 success rate it is still better than putting ones life on the line and risking getting Covid in the first place, As of yet these things have yet to be proven.

Last edited by Ridge Runner (05 April 2021 05:31 am)

PabloP
05 April 2021 03:17 pm

I think (I hope) that it may be that once you have the jab, and come in contact with the virus, the virus doesn't replicate in your body as it would if you weren't vaccinated. Therefore while your body may have come into contact with the virus, passing it on to others would have to be fairly soon after coming in contact with it, as it would soon become inactive in you. As I said above, I am hoping that this is the case.

Rob P.

SDC 2300, Xterra 705, GPZ 7000

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, goody2shoes

silver
05 April 2021 03:44 pm

I receo it could piggy back on you unbeknownst... maybe even in the back of your nose and throat (could end up being a kissing thing you can catch)

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner
05 April 2021 10:04 pm

silver wrote:

I receo it could piggy back on you unbeknownst... maybe even in the back of your nose and throat (could end up being a kissing thing you can catch)

Ok I'm not Kissing you Anymore. keep it to ya self Zero Spit Swapping, mad playful playful cry cry cry

3 users like this post: silver, goody2shoes, LoneWolf

silver
06 April 2021 12:35 am

Guthrie yikes

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner