Maple Leaf
Banned
Banned
03 April 2021 09:51 am

Big thankyou Mods for cleaning up the thread cheers. thumbsup

Jaros
03 April 2021 09:53 am

No worries.

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: Maple Leaf

mbasko
03 April 2021 10:55 am

Maple Leaf wrote:

Next they need to clean up the forum by removing scamming scum like you Jason, Jacyn, Noel, Peter or whomever you're calling yourself today.
How many times have you been banned from here now Dasenator777, Grumpygold, Pinfire Opals?

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

7 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Reg Wilson, Araratgold, Rockhunter62, Eluvial, grubstake, davent

Ridge Runner
03 April 2021 11:36 am

mbasko wrote:
Maple Leaf wrote:

Next they need to clean up the forum by removing scamming scum like you Jason, Jacyn, Noel, Peter or whomever you're calling yourself today.
How many times have you been banned from here now Dasenator777, Grumpygold, Pinfire Opals?

Arrr he's the guy for no reason who started an unprovoked BS attack on me on another forum, I guess he can't take it when it's dished out back at him,

Well done MB. thumbsup

AKA, Fridge Runner.... Ted Bullpit for PM

4 users like this post: Reg Wilson, Araratgold, grubstake, davent

Reg Wilson
03 April 2021 12:18 pm

We all know his true colours, whichever flag he flies under. He is the face of QED these days. Part of the attack dog team.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

3 users like this post: Araratgold, Rockhunter62, Ridge Runner

Elijah
03 April 2021 04:29 pm

Yeah that facebook group, its a great source of 'information' if you enjoy being abused and or lied to, then if you're stupid enough to mention you might have an issue, you're called a winger a liar or incompetent, if you defend your position, well.. 'here's the door'...

5 users like this post: Araratgold, Rockhunter62, grubstake, Reg Wilson, Ridge Runner

Rodt
03 April 2021 08:56 pm

Sadly I don't yet know any of you blokes (or girls) which means (also sadly) that I have no idea who to believe in regards to QED detectors. I am new to this game (haven't even bought one yet) and because of this I am not in a position that I want to spend $000s on a detector that at this stage I would only use now and then. Do intend to increase this though over the next few years.

Anyway my research had led me to consider the QED as a good first PI detector however due to the recent comments I am going to give it a miss at this point and probably just buy (initially anyway) a reasonable vlf that won't break the bank.

I'm not sure if there are others in the same position or not and it is unfortunate that the issues as described here (personal and technical) and on other forums / FB groups have scared me and potentially others away from the brand. Regardless of who is right and wrong I hope it all gets sorted out sometime soon but looking at some of the comments it is pretty obvious that emotions are running pretty high so I don't hold too many hopes.

Cheers

Rod

Ridge Runner
03 April 2021 09:26 pm

Rodt wrote:

Sadly I don't yet know any of you blokes (or girls) which means (also sadly) that I have no idea who to believe in regards to QED detectors. I am new to this game (haven't even bought one yet) and because of this I am not in a position that I want to spend $000s on a detector that at this stage I would only use now and then. Do intend to increase this though over the next few years.

Anyway my research had led me to consider the QED as a good first PI detector however due to the recent comments I am going to give it a miss at this point and probably just buy (initially anyway) a reasonable vlf that won't break the bank.

I'm not sure if there are others in the same position or not and it is unfortunate that the issues as described here (personal and technical) and on other forums / FB groups have scared me and potentially others away from the brand. Regardless of who is right and wrong I hope it all gets sorted out sometime soon but looking at some of the comments it is pretty obvious that emotions are running pretty high so I don't hold too many hopes.

Cheers

Rod

One of the newer Minelab VLF's or Nokta/Marco machines will get you up and running,

Talk to PhaseTech, He'd be the Man to put you right, thumbsup

Good Luck.

1 user likes this post: Rodt

Elijah
03 April 2021 09:53 pm

Rodt wrote:

Cheers

Rod

I've seen people with QEDs that work perfectly and do a damn fine job, mine just so happen to be one of the crap ones, but its been shipped off to a mate in NZ, who has one himself that works brilliantly, he also happens to be an electronics eng, So he's going to see if he can sort it out I guess by comparing it to his own.

Either way, you might be able to pickup a used unit at a decent price, plenty around.

1 user likes this post: mond

Reg Wilson
04 April 2021 10:12 am

A good QED PL3 would be worth considering, however getting a second hand one that is a performer is a lottery. Sending your PL3 back to have it 'updated' may end in you getting a 'tamed' but detuned version. A more 'user friendly' DSM may see you not having to ground balance as often, but depth suffers. Units that I have tested vary greatly, suggesting that the latest PL4 does not have the 'boogy' of earlier versions, although being more forgiving in regard to ground balancing. Tiny colours at very shallow depths respond really well, whereas deeper and larger targets do not. Bias below null will bring up the specks at shallow depth, however that setting will see bigger, deeper targets disappear altogether.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: Elijah

Ridge Runner
04 April 2021 10:29 am

Reg Wilson wrote:

A good QED PL3 would be worth considering, however getting a second hand one that is a performer is a lottery. Sending your PL3 back to have it 'updated' may end in you getting a 'tamed' but detuned version. A more 'user friendly' DSM may see you not having to ground balance as often, but depth suffers. Units that I have tested vary greatly, suggesting that the latest PL4 does not have the 'boogy' of earlier versions, although being more forgiving in regard to ground balancing. Tiny colours at very shallow depths respond really well, whereas deeper and larger targets do not. Bias below null will bring up the specks at shallow depth, however that setting will see bigger, deeper targets disappear altogether.

So basically he has copied what Whites did with the TDI machines. and they need a GB setting / frequency that goes below 8us in order for them to see tiny gold.

Last edited by Ridge Runner (04 April 2021 10:33 am)

vandemon
04 April 2021 10:39 am

Reg Wilson wrote:

We all know his true colours, whichever flag he flies under. He is the face of QED these days. Part of the attack dog team.

William Tell from SA. thumbsdown