Minelab Go Find 22 44 66 - New series tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this gadget! Bought it in a hurry to find a lost wedding ring but now use it everytime we go out fossicking. Hubby has the GPX5000 which is awesome, but downside is when digging a large hole it becomes hard to pinpoint a deep target. The gofind is so small it can fit right in the hole and send us in the right direction. Plus the kids love it and at $350 it doesn't matter if they trash it!

Hi guys. I've bought the 22 from my local Anaconda, however no one there can help me. It hasn't worked since I've bought it. Just seems to emit a siren-like tone and I can't seem to get it to do anything...not even change the volume. I've tried new Alakline batteries and looked everywhere for support but to no avail. Hopefully someone can help me. :(

Try contacting MineLab Service as a first approach.

Don't try and use it inside your house.

Download and read the full ML Gofine22 Manual from the ML site.

I bought a gofind for my son a few years back. I am not sure what the problem with yours is but with ours we cant use it near the TV towers or high voltage lines because of intwrference. Away from them it works fine. If thats not the problem I dont know.

So it looks like being a sealed unit and possibly a dry solder joint, minelab don't have a fix for it.
So I'm now in the market for a newie, with a budget of 1500.
I'm caught between the gold monster, the equinox 800 and the nokta gold racer. Keen to get on the gold in the area but mile like to do some beach and bush shooting too.
Any ideas guys??

Equinox is dynamite on coins and relics and with the 6" coil it's pretty good for finding small shallow gold in less mineralized soil if you find the TID numbers of Hotrocks and reject them.

I dont own a nox 800, but from meeting a couple of guys, when returning from Coober Pedy, that swear by them and showed us the results.

My next machine will be a nox 800.

As for gold, it seems that if it is metal, the nox will sniff it out too, just not the really fine stuff.
Nox works well on the beach too, I am told, these guys hit the chest deep water with theirs.

They even put it above the CTX3030, and they have had the 3030 also.

So I went with the Eq800. Now I'm just in the midst of setting it up. Was keen to give Sheba hangings rock a bit of a go. Any ideas 9n some possible nugget country in the new England or North Coast. I've got the pan and sluice ready as a back up but keen to get the 800 going. Is it wise to switch out to the smaller 6" coil

I'm also new to the caper.
I got given a Minelab 22 for my birthday and took it to Steiglitz yesterday to see if it works.
It pinged itself silly 😜 but found nothing.

My question is, if there is gold close to the surface will it ping?

I am returning to Koh Samui Thailand shortly and want to buy a basic detector for beach detecting. I am wondering if the Minelab 22 will be suitable. I have a place there which i wish to detect. It is the site of an extinct resort which was very large and was heavily used by US Army for R & R during the Vietnam war. I know a lady who used to work there and she tells me that not a day went by that a soldier came to her saying that they had lost their Gold college ring in the sand or surf ajacent to the resort. I am not experienced so dont want to buy something expensive.

Hi Huckenfell. Ironically I'm going to Thailand in just over a week, but not taking my detector. Jeez, be careful digging around an old army site...

I'm no expert with the detectors, by some of our learned friends should be able to give you some advice.

I am returning to Koh Samui Thailand shortly and want to buy a basic detector for beach detecting. I am wondering if the Minelab 22 will be suitable. I have a place there which i wish to detect. It is the site of an extinct resort which was very large and was heavily used by US Army for R & R during the Vietnam war. I know a lady who used to work there and she tells me that not a day went by that a soldier came to her saying that they had lost their Gold college ring in the sand or surf ajacent to the resort. I am not experienced so dont want to buy something expensive.
Might be ok in the dry sand but not sure about in the wet?

IMO you'd be better off spending a bit more on something like the Xterra Pro which is getting some good reviews on the beach.
I recently picked one up for relic detecting for $470 brand new from a Minelab dealer so they are still within the budget type range.
For the money I can't fault anything about it but I can't comment on the beach use as I'm 4-5hrs inland.

Hi Huckenfell. Ironically I'm going to Thailand in just over a week, but not taking my detector. Jeez, be careful digging around an old army site...

I'm no expert with the detectors, by some of our learned friends should be able to give you some advice.
Not an Army site mate but an old resort now closed down.

Hi guys. I've bought the 22 from my local Anaconda, however no one there can help me. It hasn't worked since I've bought it. Just seems to emit a siren-like tone and I can't seem to get it to do anything...not even change the volume. I've tried new Alakline batteries and looked everywhere for support but to no avail. Hopefully someone can help me. :(
Hi Did you master it or is there a problem with the detector

Latest posts