aptX Low Latency compatible gear - Equinox & GPX6000 users

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An updated list of aptX Low Latency compatible gear (for headphones etc.) that can be used with aptX Low Latency on Minelab Equinox detectors & the upcoming GPX6000:
https://www.aptx.com/product-listing?aptx_type=3
You can choose another filter on the link for headphones, speakers etc.

Looks to be a lot more choice now & some high end brands like Seinnheiser, Pioneer etc. incorporating it into some products.

Personally I've used & can recommend Archmage aptX LL headphones (unsure if still available) on the EQ600 + other various Avantree aptX Low Latency tx/rx products on GP/GPX/SDC but these mightn't suit everyone.

The biggest issue is sourcing a lot these in Australia. Some brands/types need to be purchased from overseas but they can still be cheaper &/or better suit some users than the supplied headphones.

mbasko said:
An updated list of aptX Low Latency compatible gear (for headphones etc.) that can be used with aptX Low Latency on Minelab Equinox detectors & the upcoming GPX6000:

Looks to be a lot more choice now & some high end brands like Seinnheiser, Pioneer etc. incorporating it into some products.

Personally I've used & can recommend Archmage aptX LL headphones (unsure if still available) on the EQ600 + other various Avantree aptX Low Latency tx/rx products on GP/GPX/SDC but these mightn't suit everyone.

The biggest issue is sourcing a lot these in Australia. Some brands/types need to be purchased from overseas but they can still be cheaper &/or better suit some users than the supplied headphones.
thank you for this info.

mbasko said:

Mbasko, I've avoided Bluetooth in the past due to latency and poor audio, but the Equinox finally proved to me that the technology had matured enough that it was getting almost as good as proprietary 2.4 GHz systems. I find the stock Equinox headphones very comfortable but quite bassy. I ran Avantree's for a while and they had a nicer audio, but they weren't the low latency version. Anyway, if I'm using the Equinox these days it is usually on the beach, so I've been using the WM08 module with Yoga earbuds, and that combo works great.

What's the clarity like on the Archmage headphones? And do they have an enhanced bass response?

I've been trying to get BT 5.0 to work with my 7000 (no perceivable latency), but always ends up with some sort of EMI creeping in?? Thinking of trying UHF wireless 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz audio gear.

PhaseTech said:
mbasko said:

Mbasko, I've avoided Bluetooth in the past due to latency and poor audio, but the Equinox finally proved to me that the technology had matured enough that it was getting almost as good as proprietary 2.4 GHz systems. I find the stock Equinox headphones very comfortable but quite bassy. I ran Avantree's for a while and they had a nicer audio, but they weren't the low latency version. Anyway, if I'm using the Equinox these days it is usually on the beach, so I've been using the WM08 module with Yoga earbuds, and that combo works great.

What's the clarity like on the Archmage headphones? And do they have an enhanced bass response?
Personally I'd prefer to use the WM type modules with my choice of headphones too over Bluetooth (that restricts what headphones you can use especially when talking about aptX low latency compatible gear). Looks like the GPX6000 won't have that choice without using something like the ProSonic or Quest Wirefree systems? More posted the aptX LL info after looking at what options might be available (more choice but it still looks hard to get aptX LL gear readily in Australia). Avantree do have some new aptX LL tx/rx gear out though with volume control but I haven't tried these out myself - they read good with good audio codecs built in etc.

From memory the sound quality was pretty good with the Archmage headphones & being aptX low latency compatible no lag. I more recommended them for that being aptX LL compatible for those with a EQ600 or others wanting a pretty good working aftermarket alternative to the Minelab ones.
It's been awhile since I used them though with a lot of other mainly wired headphones used with modules in the meantime so the memories not overly clear on the sound quality but don't think it was bad - wouldn't like to recommend them on sound quality alone having not used them for some time. I'd buy another set if I was after something again though as I don't recall anything negative standing out about them.
I sold them with my EQ600 to a member here who doesn't post much but he might see this & be able to comment more? I have seen others on Detector Prospector forum post positively about them too?

A-team said:
I've been trying to get BT 5.0 to work with my 7000 (no perceivable latency), but always ends up with some sort of EMI creeping in?? Thinking of trying UHF wireless 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz audio gear.
The GPZ doesn't overly like Bluetooth for some reason?
It works but yeah I found with some type of background noise - possibly interference from the inbuilt proprietary wireless system or the GPZ electronics themself?
I always found the GPZ WM pretty good anyway & only tried Bluetooth systems I had for use as a backup if something happened to the WM. Never had to use them.

This threads more about matching aptX low latency compatible gear with detectors that have it built in like the Equinox (& GPX6000 once released).
:Y:

I tried a set of these Avantree AS90P aptX LL with ANC headphones on GPX4500 (used an Avantree TC417 aptX LL transmitter).
https://avantree.com/au/as90p-hd-bluetooth-5-anc-headphones
Found them very good. Comfortable, light & good audio (for me). Found a couple of little bits using them today.
No noticeable latency detecting targets.

Note: anyone considering the Avantree TC417 transmitter it's very good to but the controls (volume, on/off, pair) are very soft touch to operate. I needed to position the transmitter on the RHS of the GPX control box to avoid inadvertently bumping/operating the controls. The LHS is usually the ideal position (for RH people) but I didn't have any issues with dropouts or latency etc. so it still appeared to work ok in that position.

A lot are recommending the Avantree Torus https://avantree.com/au/torus-nb05-bluetooth-wearable-speaker
Looking at them myself but haven't seen or used them.

Other possible earbud or lightweight options:
https://www.wireless1.com.au/epos-audio-gtw-270-hybrid-in-ear-wireless-gaming-earbuds
Like the look of these but an unknown as far as connectivity etc

https://www.amazon.com.au/MEE-audio-Bluetooth-Enhancement-Earphones/dp/B07B4MP8TS
I've tried these ones - pair up ok, no lag but I did get a few wireless "crackles" with them.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cr...m-v2-wireless-bluetooth-headset-black-ac46861
These look & sound good for a lightweight & cheap option?

I have the avantree clari air 2's on the nox800 and gpx6k. They really work great. They have dual drivers and sound great.and also have some sort of noise cancelling system and of course aptx ll. They took about 10 seconds tp pair but no dropouts once connected so far. I got mine for $70 from ebay, but notice there are none available there at the moment (and amazon ones available look suss). Only place i could find them at the moment was avantree (us site only). Maybee if you contacted avantree australia may be able to get them but not sure. Clari air iii MIGHT be immenent also whoch may be why stock of clari air ii are scarece. Just a guess. I have also read several reviews from others also using them for detecting and was all positive.
Heres the link to them on the USA avantree website anyway
https://avantree.com/dual-driver-bluetooth-earbuds-avantree-as20l

Is anyone using the avantree torus neck speakers with the 6000?
I got them for the missus but as an aging technophobe am having difficulty pairing them.
Any help or advice much appreciated

Cheers
Den

Qlden said:
Is anyone using the avantree torus neck speakers with the 6000?
I got them for the missus but as an aging technophobe am having difficulty pairing them.
Any help or advice much appreciated

Cheers
Den

To pair turn on the detector. Then hold the on/off button (or pairing button) on the torus (the led light will blink blue and purple when paing mode is activated. Can then release the button).
Next press and hold the bluetooth button on the right bottom side of the control box until the bluetooth icon start flashing on the screen then release button (flashing icon means the 6000 is also in pairing mode).
Hold the earbuds or whatever you are pairing close to the detector. It may take 10-20 seconds to pair (i thought pairing was slower than i've experienced on other deviices i was used to).
Once paired you wont need to do this again unless other bluetooth headset has been used. You should be able to turn the detector on, hit the bluetooth button and tiurn on your earbuds and be good to go.
I:ve never had a failed pairing attempt as long as i've done the right proceedure and given it time to do its thing

Thanks H.

Yep just like you said and it worked.
I had my iPad on and think they were pairing to it instead of the 6000

All good now.

lad you got it sorted. Now its been paired it should just be turn on and go from now until you repair the earphones to a different device.
Speaking of this situation, it is a small but handy feature on my avantree clari air earbuds that they have a pairing memory for 2 devices. For example, once paired to my 6000 and equinox it remembers both and connects to whichever one is on, or if both detectors are on i can toggle which one i am connected to

Hi all,

I asked Quest of the possibility of putting in a Low Latency receiver into their WireFree Pro headphones, so you can pair directly to the Equinox and 6000, and within a month they sent me a sample! I have received them, and happy to say they paired up to the Equinox and 6000 first go. Sound wise there is heaps of volume. Just need to give them a run in the field and make sure there are no issues, and then will be ordering them in.
I already know them very well as they are exactly the same WireFree Pro headset, just with a different receiver.

I've really enjoyed the freedom of using the wireless standard headphones on the 6000 on cooler days, and the Avantree Torus dual neck speaker on the warmer days, never noticed any lag at all and very comfortable in both weather scenarios.
I'm thinking of putting a SP01 in the mix after reading deepblue saying how the SP01 helped with the EMI chatter on the 6000, I normally run my 6000 on manual 3-5 depending on the area and I adjust the level so I only have a little chatter but nothing over the top and the faint repeatable signals can still be heard.
I would like to continue to go wireless from the 6000 to the SP01 (mounted on my harness or belt) and then plug my Gray Ghost NDT headphones into the SP01, so I assume I need a Low Latency receiver to plug into the input of the SP01 for this to work.
Hoping that by adding the SP01 into the mix it will allow me to push the manual gain higher on the 6000 without bringing in more EMI chatter, therefore gaining a slightly stronger target response.

Any recommendations of a good LL receiver that will do the job?

The gain on a 6000 is set, can't be adjusted.
What you are adjusting is the stabiliser when moving between manual modes.

Correct Redfin, I worded it wrong but yes I'd like to open the stabilizer some more and filter out some EMI, I'm not sure if the SP01 is going to achieve this or I'm best to stick to the way I've been going so far. If I can gain say 20% more stability at a more open (higher) setting without the extra EMI then it is worth it I think.

Thanks deepblue, I did a google search before I posted here but wasn't sure what would work in the situation I needed it for, awesome mate :perfect:

Latest posts