A new QED model is on the way

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple Leaf said:
OldGT said:
Did I miss something? Did you just hear this Maple ?
Yes recently as in the last week.

Ok. Cheers. Not to be a critic just seemed like it was said with some authority which struck me as odd given your initial introduction.

Maple Leaf said:
OldGT said:
Maple Leaf said:
OldGT said:

Ok. Cheers. Not to be a critic just seemed like it was said with some authority which struck me as odd given your initial introduction.
Friend of a friend
Jeez not bad going.
Gone from a newbie after advice on what detector to buy to rubbing shoulders with people that have insider development information in less than a month.
How's the SDC going for you? ;)

mbasko said:
Maple Leaf said:
OldGT said:
Maple Leaf said:
OldGT said:

Friend of a friend
Jeez not bad going.
Gone from a newbie after advice on what detector to buy to rubbing shoulders with people that have insider development information in less than a month.
Its not what you know but who you know. Your obvioussly not in the know it seems. Sdc is going good by the way. I cant see how my business is any of your concerns. :N: :N: :N:

Rockhunter62 said:
Found this on Finders.

"So dasinator777 is Jason struzco of Facebook and also maple leaf on PA?"

No wonder you are pushing the QED.

Cheers

Doug
And i bet you dont even own one would be my guess let alone seen or used a Qed. Good luck with your 2200d or what ever you currently use Doug. Your mate Madtuna hasnt a clue.

Maple Leaf said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Found this on Finders.

"So dasinator777 is Jason struzco of Facebook and also maple leaf on PA?"

No wonder you are pushing the QED.

Cheers

Doug
And i bet you dont even own one would be my guess let alone seen or used a Qed. Good luck with your 2200d or what ever you currently use Doug. Your mate Madtuna hasnt a clue.

You are right Maple Leaf, I don't own one or even used one but you have to keep abreast of other detectors to know what is available or useable. But I do think that my GPZ 7000 #$%@s on your QED and it sounds like our Gold Monster would be better than some of those QEDs also.

Cheers

Doug

Maple Leaf said:
mbasko said:
Maple Leaf said:
OldGT said:
Maple Leaf said:

Friend of a friend
Jeez not bad going.
Its not what you know but who you know. Your obvioussly not in the know it seems. Sdc is going good by the way. I cant see how my business is any of your concerns. :N: :N: :N:
"It aint what you dont know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that just aint so."
Food for thought for a troll of many names. :N: :N: :N:

I spoke to Goldman and Reg probably around Jan Feb. The PL4 was meant to arrive soon at the time.
Both told me a new board was developed due to soldering and quality control issues of the PL3.
Neither of them offered that info freely, I had to ask lots of questions to worm it out of them, but they both said the same thing.

3717 said:
I spoke to Goldman and Reg probably around Jan Feb. The PL4 was meant to arrive soon at the time.
Both told me a new board was developed due to soldering and quality control issues of the PL3.
Neither of them offered that info freely, I had to ask lots of questions to worm it out of them, but they both said the same thing.

If you check some of the earlier threads you will see that there was a lack of info around that time because no one really knew what the problem was experienced by a few people as a lot of folks were praising the qed all over,

I got a similar issue with some of my toys all the rest work fine, 1 works but it has odd habits, So I guess there is good and bad in all gizmo's that we buy, 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

The promised ground tracking that is printed on the control box (menu) and which was promised mid year has not reached fruition and has not shown any chance of eventuation. As a matter of fact it has never been anything more than a dream with no real development or prototype. It was in fact a con to entice prospective buyers into committing to purchase believing that this would be installed in the near future. When quizzed over this promise Bugs said that it would be a reality 'when he gets time'.
Really!!!???

Reg Wilson said:
The promised ground tracking that is printed on the control box (menu) and which was promised mid year has not reached fruition and has not shown any chance of eventuation. As a matter of fact it has never been anything more than a dream with no real development or prototype. It was in fact a con to entice prospective buyers into committing to purchase believing that this would be installed in the near future. When quizzed over this promise Bugs said that it would be a reality 'when he gets time'.
Really!!!???

I remember when this was announced and when I enquired about it I was told there's no need for it because the new ground balance method was far better.
I was not impressed.
So for me it's no good in hot ground

More work needs to be done on a better ground balance method instead of these updates.

Also be good if you could just hold the AGB button in and pump the coil up and down, as is the ML method, to quickly re-GB the detector.

Reg Wilson said:
Really!!!???

Caveat Emptor. I guess unless it does become a reality then its not unfair to speculate on whether its development will eventuate, as you rightly point out if the developer/manufacturer cant at least give some direction on a new date.

I saw the brief exchange you had regarding this and in spite of the inference of you being the originator of the question I thought it was poor form to give the answer in reply that was given, regardless of how you are viewed there. It was a fair question that should have been given a proper response, who asked it and why should be irrelevant if the developer was serious about the product and its overall reputation and image.

It might be a good usuable machine in the future, a bit dissapointing no date was set.

Unfortunately, promises that were made in regard to development have been a fantasy, and rather than improvements, compromises have been the reality.
The PL3 was a low budget but adequate PI detector, basic but capable of finding gold. The PL4 is a disappointment.
It is highly unlikely that there will be a PL5 as the technology using the current circuit board has reached its limit.

Just an update on the promised auto ground tracking.
In response to a query on the AEGPF forum, Bugs has confirmed that there is still no auto tracking and has not set any agenda for this function.
My advice to any QED PL3 owners is to keep this machine as a back up to your main use detector as it is a good light weight substitute should you have problems.
I have kept my early model (somewhat modified) just in case my 6000 should have a problem, although so far it has been perfect and has paid for itself many times over, including a 14oz specimen that SGed at 8.3ozs nett.

Latest posts