You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

dirtdiggin
26 March 2021 11:24 pm

Hi Everyone

Just wondering who else has used these headphones and what there experience was like with them?, I unfortunately have only used mine 3 time twice before COVID-19 and now once after we were aloud to move around and go for a swing, mine continuously cuts in and out as if someone is flicking the switch on and off so bad that on my latest outing I had to revert back to my standard wired headphones.
So just wondering if this is a common problem with them or I’m just very unlucky to get a dud unit?.

Cheers

condor22
27 March 2021 12:33 am

Can't speak for the Quest, but I use a Deteknix wireless phones on my 2300 from Nenad. 3 yrs old, still going strong. I've walked off from the car and noticed I forgot my pick, put the detector down and went back for the pick (I only noticed as I had a target). Around 40 M and could still here the unbroken threshold.

One thing I have noticed tho' the receiver side of the phones is better on the same side as the transmitter. I have noticed it drop out briefly the other way round. Must be my thick head lol. Fortunately the Deteknix phones are symetrical left to right.

3 users like this post: Rockwall, dirtdiggin, A-team

limpalot
27 March 2021 08:06 am

I have had similar issues with the Quest. I try to make sure it is charged fully, even when the light said it was by unplugging and plugging in the charger a cuppla times. I find it works real well for a cuppla hours then starts to flick off /on. Make sure you have a 2 .1 Amp USB outlet to charge with. I have been going to talk to Nenad about it ,but not as yet. 12v charging seems to be the worst. I think it is the sender.

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan, 2008 - minelab 4500, SPO1, Makro Gold Kruzer

2 users like this post: Rockwall, dirtdiggin

Rockwall
27 March 2021 10:42 am

limpalot wrote:

I have had similar issues with the Quest. I try to make sure it is charged fully, even when the light said it was by unplugging and plugging in the charger a cuppla times. I find it works real well for a cuppla hours then starts to flick off /on. Make sure you have a 2 .1 Amp USB outlet to charge with. I have been going to talk to Nenad about it ,but not as yet. 12v charging seems to be the worst. I think it is the sender.

If it is the model with the same usb connection for charging and connecting to the detector then there is fair chance that is the issue. The hard wired sender I had did not have that problem but new one does.

Last edited by Rockwall (27 March 2021 10:55 am)

2 users like this post: mbasko, dirtdiggin

mbasko
27 March 2021 12:00 pm

Rockwall wrote:
limpalot wrote:

If it is the model with the same usb connection for charging and connecting to the detector then there is fair chance that is the issue. The hard wired sender I had did not have that problem but new one does.

I'm having similar intermittent issues with my ProSonic tx unit & suspect the USB socket for charging/connection is the cause. Had similar issues previously & replaced the cable which fixed it then but not this time. Can replicate the problem by wriggling the cable near the USB connection but not by doing anything else so it's definitely that area.
It's a few years old but I'm not rough on it. It's in a position that shouldn't cause any stress to it with enough cable so it's not pulling etc. Assume something has come adrift internally or the USB type socket is just a poor connection for there & doesn't like even small amounts of movement. For the price of the ProSonic you'd expect them to be pretty bulletproof - lucky for me it was a freebie in a package deal.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: dirtdiggin

Jaros
27 March 2021 12:20 pm

If you have some electronic spray cleaner that might help.

F1A4M2, GPX4500, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

Jeff
27 March 2021 08:10 pm

Hey DD yep I’ve been using those for about a year now- love em, really convenient. But I will say I’ve had problems with the lead from the detector to the transmitter- only lasts about a month before it’s frayed and cutting in and out. So I by a bunch at a time, $6 each.
Still I’d recommend them to anyone.

Bunch of pans, river sluice, GPZ7000, SDC2300, old scratched up take anywhere 4by, worn out shoes and doggedness of mind.
W.A., GT, East NSW.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
27 March 2021 08:48 pm

As Condor says, you need to make sure the Transmitter and Receiver (in the headphones) have a clean line of sight. The receiver is on the "controls" side of the headphones which is actually labelled L (left) on the headband. No problem spinning them around the other way as detectors output mono signal.

Yes, older Deteknix version with the hardwired audio cable was good and bad. The good was that the USB port suffered a lot less wear. You could even choose to keep the charge cable permanently inserted. The bad part was that if your audio cable went bad you had to send it back for a new one to be fitted. With the new Quest version, if your audio cable goes bad it is just plug and play with a new cable.

With lots of use, nearly all USB ports wear and become problematic - pretty much like every mobile and laptop I've every used. Keep them clean, and be careful with your cables, and you should get good service life out of them. All Quest WireFree gear is covered by a 2 yr warranty if problems do arise.

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website
Digging with PhaseTech on YouTube

3 users like this post: dirtdiggin, Rockwall, limpalot

dirtdiggin
27 March 2021 10:09 pm

Thanks everyone ill try anew cable and see how that goes then appreciate your time and help

dirtdiggin
01 April 2021 04:48 pm

Jeff wrote:

Hey DD yep I’ve been using those for about a year now- love em, really convenient. But I will say I’ve had problems with the lead from the detector to the transmitter- only lasts about a month before it’s frayed and cutting in and out. So I by a bunch at a time, $6 each.
Still I’d recommend them to anyone.

Hi Jeff
Just wondering where about your getting the leads from as I'm struggling to find them in the electronic stores.
Cheers mate

dirtdiggin
01 April 2021 04:54 pm

PhaseTech wrote:

As Condor says, you need to make sure the Transmitter and Receiver (in the headphones) have a clean line of sight. The receiver is on the "controls" side of the headphones which is actually labelled L (left) on the headband. No problem spinning them around the other way as detectors output mono signal.

Yes, older Deteknix version with the hardwired audio cable was good and bad. The good was that the USB port suffered a lot less wear. You could even choose to keep the charge cable permanently inserted. The bad part was that if your audio cable went bad you had to send it back for a new one to be fitted. With the new Quest version, if your audio cable goes bad it is just plug and play with a new cable.

With lots of use, nearly all USB ports wear and become problematic - pretty much like every mobile and laptop I've every used. Keep them clean, and be careful with your cables, and you should get good service life out of them. All Quest WireFree gear is covered by a 2 yr warranty if problems do arise.

Hi Nenad
Just wondering if you sell that cable mate? As I'm struggling to find one at shops like Jaycar.
Cheers mate

mbasko
01 April 2021 05:39 pm

The only ones I could find for the ProSonic were these: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/362297985440
Obviously being 3.5mm you'll need to use an adapter to. Couldn't find any in 6.35mm/1\4"
The Quest Wirefree Mate uses the same I believe.
Maybe PM or email Nenad in case he misses your post here.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.