Creswick and surrounds Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard Luck said:
Crossed it a couple times yesterday arvo. Bit of flow going on after after Friday rains.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1612047172_resized_20210130_165049.jpg

Hey Hard Luck thanks for the update on how it's flowing, it's great for those of us that need to travel quite a way to get there to know what to expect when we get there.

How often do you go through the area?

Punter101 said:
Hard Luck said:
Crossed it a couple times yesterday arvo. Bit of flow going on after after Friday rains.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1612047172_resized_20210130_165049.jpg

Hey Hard Luck thanks for the update on how it's flowing, it's great for those of us that need to travel quite a way to get there to know what to expect when we get there.

How often do you go through the area?

Probably pass nearby once or twice a week. Only drive through after a big rain. One day I'll get the pan out :Y:

Icarusvonlubey said:
I am there this weekend. Going to be heavy rain tomorrow so may be lucky

Best of luck! Let us know how it's flowing.
I'm so keen to get back up there, but really do love at least a little bit of flow with some nice fresh water running through

Cant get a picture to load but creek has running water. See hard lucks picture above.
Punter101 said:
Icarusvonlubey said:
I am there this weekend. Going to be heavy rain tomorrow so may be lucky

Best of luck! Let us know how it's flowing.
I'm so keen to get back up there, but really do love at least a little bit of flow with some nice fresh water running through

Crossed it yesterday late arvo. It started raining about 3 in the morning and was bucketing down when I was there. Looks like we need more of the northern rain to get it flowing again.

1616354908_20210321_155726.jpg

I was up at the creek on Friday/Saturday.
Bit rainy, bit cold, but the flow was nice, perfect for my 10 inch Dream mat sluice.
I meant to take pics but got carried away and forgot.
I did find some nice colour though!
Next chance I get I'm back up there!

Hey guys, has anyone been up around slaty lately and seen what the flow is like?
I'm keen for a day or two up there, but only if it's flowing,
Cheers

A week ago there was just enough flow for my 6 inch mini dream Matt sluice and I had to totally dam the creek off to get that.

Cheers guys, I might head up there for a quick look around and find a nice pool to wash a few pans before it dries out completely.
I'll just leave the sluice at home

Sorry all, I'm sure you're sick of all the "I'm going here, please tell me exactly where I'm going to find gold" threads....but to add fuel to the fire;

I'm 95% committed to heading to Creswick tomorrow (got a leave pass!) and am wondering if any of you can tell me exactly where I'm going to find gold :lol: :lol:

No, in seriousness.....

- what are the roads like around this area - can I drive them in a FWD hatch?!
- this is a sound detecting area yeah? Going to swing the Gold Kruzer around and try my luck - are there certain areas that have shallow workings that would be best to try? Or just Geovic the area, pick a spot and follow my feet?
- failing that - I'm going to take the pans....but I believe Slaty is pretty much dry this time of year? Are the other creeks worth a shot or are they dry too?

Anyway, I'm from outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, so this is a rare opportunity to hit that side of town - any info would be a help. Otherwise just tell me to GF. :lol:

Fwd should be fine. Just take it easy driving downward hills. I went a bit fast down one on standard rd in creswick in a vy commodore years ago and got it airborne after i hit the dip at the bottom. Haha. No damage done anyway, but.....
Anywhere around standard road and slaty creek should be fine for detecting (always see plenty) and try near standard rd and cabbage tree road.
***note. Dont take advice from me unless youre desperate. ;)

Latest posts