Clermont Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clermont GPAs may close during this unprecedented COVID-19 public health emergency to regulate visitation. I just read it on JP,S Facebook page. 8.(

Yeah its a great idea, close the only pastime in the area where you dont have to associate with anyone.

I am going to mcmasters tomorrow and from stepping out my front door to getting back home I wont get within hundreds of meters of anyone.

I think its a good move, we don't need hundreds of potentially sick people coming form all over Australia going to all the shops and servos and then cramming into the caravan park. And yes some shops will suffer, The Outback Prospector probably the most.

No, have you seen it here in peak season? You have all the people in the van park all the people camping at black ridge and all over the place and then all the people from Mackay, Rockhampton etc etc and the list goes on..

I have been to the GPAs probably 20 times, went to the town once. Fossicking isnt done just by people that
stay in van parks. I live in the next town south and this will stop me getting some quite in the bush

the funny bit is 1/2 the towns population are fifo mine workers, bet they dont stop them

Shep said:
the funny bit is 1/2 the towns population are fifo mine workers, bet they dont stop them

You are correct, travel for work purposes is still ok, but the border crossings Im not sure about, maybe only fifo within your state.

Clermont GPAs open up to locals!!!

"The Palaszczuk Government has announced an easing of restrictions on fossicking in certain areas in Queensland starting from midnight tonight." (Friday 01 May)

"It is important to note that anyone visiting these sites will be subject to meeting current social distancing guidelines and the requirement to stay within 50 kilometres of their home..
This also means there will be no camping permitted in these areas.

Hi
we are new to detecting & I seen a old forum about a 320 acres in Clermont where you can camp & detect
do you know if it,s still going :D :pickshovel:

Hi everyone,
Looks like the stars might align and I'll get 3 days in Clermont, and was wondering if any of the GPA's would be accessible in a 2 wheel drive van? Work's washed out and I'm itching to try my new beep stick. Also are dogs allowed in the areas?
Any advice would greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Chuggett

Unless rained heavily in past 2 weeks you can access 90% of most Clermont GPAs in 2wd, even one without ground clearance - as long as you take it slow .

If you are worried then start with McDonalds Flat & Bathampton as are flatter & less rocky bits ( note I didnt say NO rocks)

No dogs are not allowed except Black Ridge.

Thanks guys, sounds good except for the rain bit, has been a bit of rain around and looks like more to come. Should be there early tomorrow for a look around.
if a mighty kia can do it surely I can??
Cheers, Chuggett

thanks for the info, made it into flat diggings and a lot further around than i thought, no colour just a heap of lead shot and scrap. Just good to try out the 6000 on ground with the possibility of a piece. Amazing how small a flake of rust they can pick up.
If the rain holds off I might try another spot in Flat Diggings. Need a month just for a quick look around here, lot of ground, wish there was more of this around queensland.
Cheers, Chuggett

Got this baby in my big nugget patch at mcmaster's at cattle grid
14.66g
I am back there over Xmas then hosting the my largest Queensland Gold group event there in February with hopefully 40 members in October I hosted a 32 members 11 day event
My group now has 9000 members
1637878702_received_608069943076562.jpg

Bloody nice chunk mate, was planning on having a look at mcmasters but the rain has canned that idea, over 100mm last night, roads cut everywhere so might have an extended stay. Wouldn't be so bad if I could go detecting but roads underwater.
Would love to do some panning in the creeks when they come down a bit, thinking it might take a few days but.
Could be worse, could be mowing the lawn.
Cheers,Chuggett.

Latest posts