Warwick Farm NSW - Old Army staging camp

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillek

Ian
Reaction score
So if you use SIX Maps and pull up the 1943 imagery you will find 100's of army tents in an orderly arrangement around Warwick Farm.
I didn't think the racecourse would be happy with me swinging the detector around their paddock so i went the other side of the road into the bush ...
Well I am very happy to share this location with you and not venture there until someone drops some napalm in! The lantana is everywhere, the grass is hip high and the only noteworthy finds were two pigeon leg rings and a railway spike... nothing military about that stuff!
Hope someone else has better luck than me

1613528615_wf.jpg

There sure is military about the pigeon rings. My Grandfather was with the pigeon section in sydney area during WW2. They were still kept and important for signals. I still have some message paper and leg capsules for the pigeons he gave me

Now that is cool!!

I've been playing with six maps on my phone, I've found my address easily enough, how do I find the overlay and choose the year please?

Upside said:
Now that is cool!!

I've been playing with six maps on my phone, I've found my address easily enough, how do I find the overlay and choose the year please?
1615982671_2b97375b-42aa-4922-baed-9952e051a6ba.jpg

That Six Maps looks pretty good. Is there anything like that available for Victoria? wiley.

wiley coyote said:
That Six Maps looks pretty good. Is there anything like that available for Victoria? wiley.

Only around the Sydney area but not all of it ?
But luckily l live in Sydney ?
Its a fantastic resource for seeing what was there in 1943 compared to now.
My son and myself have been using it for the last 6 months or so with great success

Latest posts