Nugget Finder Z search GPZ coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are not alone Les, coil control gets a bit slack for me after a couple of hours to, and I know it.
Old ground is always where I head with new gear. JP said one thing that I think is very important, and thats hitting it from a different angle, literally. Plenty of times I have hit a target from a certain angle and a feighnt signal, but from a different angle , nothing.

Yes, I'd like to go on one of your training sessions JP, there is always plenty to learn that's for sure.

I agree completely with the notion that after a few hours of detecting coil control starts to get wild and swing speed and walking speed increases :) I've got a real problem with this, and if I have coffee for a break or an energy drink or something it gets even worse :) I start the day off well but it sure gets worse as the day goes on.

As someone who primarily hunts for small targets I can attest to the importance of coming in from different directions, commonly small gold at depth will be a faint little target single from one angle and absolutely nothing from another, I think this is partly why we can go over ground here many times and keep getting more little bits of gold we'd missed on previous days, not only that soil moisture also adds to the equation, if I go the day after rain the little targets appear to brighten up a bit than after a week or two of dry hot weather. There seems to be endless variables so it's really hard to know why one day you find a bit of gold missed on another.

Hi Folks,

Well my detecting buddy Big Joe finally weakened and picked up his Z Search coil yesterday. Had to try it out so we went out for a swing today. We both worked hard for no result up to the lunch break. After a chat and a bite to eat, we decided to push through the drought to see if we could find something before heading home. Big Joe struck first with a stonker of a nugget up close to the base of a tree. I followed up about 10 minutes later with a slightly smaller piece that had parked itself in some top soil under a group of rocks. Days like today dont happen all that often so it was something to savour and lock into the memory bank.

Cheers

Les
1615275381_6a766b7b-5628-478b-93dd-97fa5e6d096f.jpg

Lesgold said:
Hi Folks,

Well my detecting buddy Big Joe finally weakened and picked up his Z Search coil yesterday. Had to try it out so we went out for a swing today. We both worked hard for no result up to the lunch break. After a chat and a bite to eat, we decided to push through the drought to see if we could find something before heading home. Big Joe struck first with a stonker of a nugget up close to the base of a tree. I followed up about 10 minutes later with a slightly smaller piece that had parked itself in some top soil under a group of rocks. Days like today dont happen all that often so it was something to savour and lock into the memory bank.

Cheers

Les
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5381_6a766b7b-5628-478b-93dd-97fa5e6d096f.jpg

Just took my Z-search off and gave it to the wife - can I expect to see similar results? :eek:
Congrats on some very nice nuggets, my 7000 is great at finding tree roots, maybe I should keep trying around trees?

Tree roots can give that nice deep nugget sound and quickly turn excitement into disappointment. The Z Search due to its sensitivity is guilty of this. The two nuggets were found close to trees. My mates nugget was shallow and was a very good signal so there was no doubt that a metallic object was lying beneath. (The whole area was a high trash area. My guess is that it may have been an old miners camp) The nugget I found was next to a tree under a rocky outcrop. When the rocks were dug out, the signal increased in strength. After digging gown about a further 5 inches, I struck a large tree root. The tree root false signal was not a consideration at this stage due to a screaming detector. I think another trip to this area will occur shortly.

Cheers

Les

Hi Folks,
Another day out searching around the diggings next to an old miners camp. My mate and I worked hard for very little return. The gold was very small but we had a good day. The Nugget Finders ran well and picked up the baby bits with ease. Had trouble trying to recover some of the gold from the spoil piles as the pieces often fell into holes between the rocks or got caught up in weeds and grass. The undergrowth continues be be a real challenge.

Cheers

Les

Hi Folks
Finally got a chance to try the Zed Search in WA. Spent a couple of days on a mates lease in Coolgardie for just a few pieces. In that area, the coil ran well and was quite stable. Sensitivity was up around 17. (High Yield/ Difficult). On a couple of the warmer days, sensitivity had to be dropped back a bit as the ground warmed up.

Spent ten days on a tag along on a large lease around Laverton. Sensitivity was on 20 for the whole trip. The coil loved hot rocks (as did the standard coil and SDCs) but ran well on that setting. Didnt find any bragging gold but enough scraps to keep me amused. The area we were in had been hit heavily over the years with large sections being pushed or mined. Most targets were shallow but occasionally pieces were pulled from considerable depth. The disappointing aspect of the deeper pieces was the size of the nuggets that were popping out. Still scratching my head as to how this coil could sniff out a tiny bit and tell me I needed to dig a well. I will post a pic of yesterdays micro bits when the sun comes up.
Cheers

Les

Had some correspondence in the past with him. He doesn't like to jump the gun and prefers to have the right information before progressing on a design. He said at the moment his concentrating on production of the 12 inch coils. He has no immediate intention of releasing another coil, but is considering the options. From what I hear, there is a bit of work in producing his high quality 7000 coils.

I found the 12 NF pretty noisy and giving strong repeatable signals on hot ground. Dug about 6 holes , most about 4 when they disappeared but one about 8 that stayed strong but did not get louder before it moved around and disappeared too!
Knocked the sensitivity back. Was in HY difficult.
Anyone have any tips to tame it?
Did find 3 small bits later in the afternoon.

Hi Folks

Just put up a YouTube clip on a bit of detecting in the Laverton area. The detector was running on high yield/ difficult with a sensitivity of 20. The high sensitivity made recovery of targets quite difficult at times as the zed was picking up headphones and other bits of metal strapped to the harness. Sorry about that.
Cheers

Les

Hi Folks,

The Zed Search did its job in WA. Just over three weeks detecting in the Laverton area. Nothing of any size but there was enough gold around to keep the zed humming. It ran nicely on max sensitivity and really pinged everything that sat under the coil. There were some deep digs on a few pieces but most bits were under 6. There was also a handful of specimen pieces that were not included in the photo.
1622324496_c8be159d-60ee-4599-8ae5-713e2cec4393.jpg

Wow, I'm really liking the reports coming in about this Zsearch coil. Having never used a GPZ before, I'm pretty damn excited to be having one arrive in the post from JP in the coming days. Unfortunately I won't be abe to attend a training session with JP but there's a lot you can pick up just by reading info from some of the more experienced contributors. The GPX5000 did me well, but the Zed with the 12rd sounds like an awesome combo! Can't wait to get out there :pickshovel: :D

Latest posts