Westozadventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gem in I said:
No doubt it was a good week getting your ear tuned into it Shane.

I still struggle sometimes with edges and tree roots.

Was a great week alright, some of those tree roots give great signals. Seems to be certain types of trees which retain a lot of moisture in the roots I guess. I dug quite a few with the 5000. I have an idea now which trees not to dig at unless its a definite signal

Far nth qld actually have big rocks full of graphite that gives off a great gold signal apparently it magnatizes because of the tecta and you would swear a horseshoe or nuggy is under it but dissapointing result sometimes especially when you've been pulling a few nuggies close by.
lol same with the rocks now i'm learning what species they are and leave em for the next fellow.

how do you like the 7000 compared to the 5? Has it made much of a difference in quality & quantity of finds?

Keep on digging fella's, your doing pretty damn good. I'm spewing after seeing some of your vids, I lived in WA for 17 years and never chased the gold there at all 8.(

BigL said:
how do you like the 7000 compared to the 5? Has it made much of a difference in quality & quantity of finds?

Keep on digging fella's, your doing pretty damn good. I'm spewing after seeing some of your vids, I lived in WA for 17 years and never chased the gold there at all 8.(

Well I turned up a reef the other day that I chained over with the 5000 couple years back. Last year Nigel got a reef with his 7000 that I had already chained over with the 5000. Its turning up deeper pieces that I have walked over in the past. I am very happy with it. I just wish I had of been able to afford to keep the 5000 as I think it may work better in some certain areas compared to the 7000.